Click 'Address Picker' Shortcut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click 'Address Picker' Shortcut

As someone who has used DirectSOFT for forever, I get frustrated with the Click software's 'Address Picker'. Any time I want to update a nickname or address comment, I have to open the address picker, and navigate to the address I want to change. It would be sooo much quicker if I could simply type CTRL-D (or some other shortcut) while on an instruction in the ladder, and have it take me directly to the location of that address in address picker. Just like it does in DirectSOFT.

For clarity, Tim asked basically this same question at 2:05 in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuXUo8PfcDw&t=183

It would also be nice if I could edit the nicknames and address comments while in 'pickup mode' (where you choose an address using the ... button within an instruction).

Another minor annoyance is changing addresses in the ladder. When an instruction is highlighted, typing a new address allows you to easily overwrite the existing address. Example, if a N.O. contact is highlighted, typing 'X10' overwrites the existing address, as expected. This doesn't work on instructions at the right end of the ladder though. For example, if an OUT coil is highlighted, typing 'C10' just brings up the instructions starting with 'C'.

-Eric

Thanks for the post. Couple things that may help:
    1. For editing a nickname of a specific element, try highlighting the element and then clicking the address picker icon in the tool bar. It should take you right to that element in the Address Picker so you wont have to hunt it down. (see image Click1)
    2. When you open the Address Picker from an instruction, you should see the Edit Mode button at the bottom of the picker. Clicking that will allow you to change the descriptions from the instruction. (see image Click2)
    3. For the output side of the rung, if you start to type, the software assumes you want to change the instruction and provides a list of instructions that start with the letter you typed. If there is no instruction that starts with that letter, like a Y, then it will allow you to overwrite the address. If you get the instruction list, like when typing a C, try double-clicking the output, typing the new address and hitting enter.

Hope that helps.
    Attached Files
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

This is VERY helpful! I also just discovered that CTRL-T opens the address picker directly to the highlighted address. Thanks!

Comment

Yes, I forgot about that. For anyone else who may happen upon this thread topic CL198 in the help file lists the keyboard shortcuts.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

I believe the space bar will also help you in trying to overwrite existing coils.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt View Post
            I believe the space bar will also help you in trying to overwrite existing coils.
            It does! Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
            X