Bulk 'cut-to-length' cabling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk 'cut-to-length' cabling

​​​​​​Other than the flexible cabling is listed as 'flex' and the cable tray cabling is listed as 'cable tray' and the minor price variations, is there any benefit of one type over the other?
    The specsheets have nearly the same info.

I have installed a bit of the 'flex' cable and would like for the printed-on core-marking to be as legible as in the specsheet. The glare of the core insulation makes it difficult for me to read.

After reaching out to the Product Manager, I was informed that the two cables are essentially the same, the only difference is the jacket color.
    The Multi-Conductor Control cable has a grey jacket which is primarily used on or near the automation / machine whereas the Power Machine Tray Cable has a black jacket which is more commonly seen in cable trays and raceways. Both cables meet all the same UL & CSA standards it is mainly a consumer preference whether to use grey or black.

As far as the conductor marking, we have been working with the vendor to make the print more legible. It will be improved soon but there is a back log of inventory and it will take some time to flush out of the system.

Thanks for the post!

If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

Understood! Thanks for the follow-up!

Comment

Working...
      X