C-more Micro software request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-more Micro software request

It would be nice, along with the current highlighting of used/unused tags, to show where!

I've just finishing a project started in July of 2019, using an EA3 and Ethernet Click (utilizing 7,989 steps!). The project has evolved from "just do the thing" to the boss wishing, "can we track everything?"

I'm attempting to finish all rung descriptions in the PLC code, and have come upon an address used in the C-more, but for the life of me - in 40 screens - I can't remember "where."

Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post
    I've just finishing a project started in July of 2019, using an EA3 and Ethernet Click (utilizing 7,989 steps!).
    mashva and I did a CLICK project that we had to refactor the code just to fit.
    Compile Time = Coffee Break
    If I remember to, I'll post the step count.
    [EDIT] It is an odd experience when you have to evaluate step count of instructions/branching methods.
    [EDIT] Step count is currently at 7206. This is after a major refactoring tour, doing some of the things you mentioned(removing N.O. SC1, branch optimization, using status bits instead of multiple compares)
    Some of these optimizations kill readability, but if it cannot fit in PLC, it does not matter if you can read it!
    (This project was way before P1K.) Did not have enclosure room for P3K. I do not think that I will use a P2K - personal preference - no metric for this opinon.
    Last edited by kewakl; 03-09-2020, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

mashva and I did a CLICK project that we had to refactor the code just to fit.
      Compile Time = Coffee Break
      If I remember to, I'll post the step count.
      [EDIT] It is an odd experience when you have to evaluate step count of instructions/branching methods.
      Yeah, being so accustomed to Productivity, this project necessitated an "affordable" PLC. I hit the oh s**t moment last weekend when I hit compile and got the over 8000 step warning. I was able to compromise code location and style. I called tech support asking if they had a guide detailing step count of each instruction; was told they don't.

Edit: I did have to sacrifice eliminating N.O. SC1 from some rungs. I like to use a N.O. SC1 and branch pointers and the math functions when they're between a for/next loop to accommodate a simple copy and paste. This project had quite a few for/next loops for data collection.

Back to my problem; I did remember what the address was for; it was a pointer to which of four subsystems is/are in fault.
      Last edited by Todd Dice; 03-08-2020, 01:44 PM.

- Walt Disney

Comment

but for the life of me - in 40 screens - I can't remember "where.
        Todd, does the Tag cross reference tool help you with that?

Comment

Originally posted by HMI Eng View Post

In xref view, 2-click on the tag in the results list.

Comment

Originally posted by HMI Eng View Post

Following kewakl's instructions, yes! Didn't know that existed.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
            X