PAC Suite and the Virtual Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAC Suite and the Virtual Store

I am running Win7 and PAC Suite 3.4.0.16.
    I have a graph running, trying to nail down intermittent WDTs. (WDT is 500mS)
    I asked the graph window to save the graph to a file.
    It said that it put the file in "C:\Users\06-388\Documents\Projects\Oven 8\Latest"
    I found them in "C:\Users\06-388\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\AutomationDirect\Productivity Suite 3.4.0.16"
    Is there a way to avoid either PAC Suite placing files in the virtual store or force Win7 to save the file where the application says that it put them?
    Thanks.

Here is one group of spikes captured by ALT-PRTSC The left axis is in uS. The tag value is multiples of 100uS - so the spike is about 208mS (if my math is correct)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScanSpike 20200401 1101.png
Views:	155
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	129931

Maybe I'll try something from sevenforums - run PAC Suite as admin.

Comment

I am running Windows 10 with 3.5.3.3 & I can duplicate your issue.

Requesting you contact our technical support team with a copy of your system report. This will open a trouble ticket for this issue.

They will then forward to our Engineering team to begin investigating.
      Last edited by ADC_CommTeam02; 04-02-2020, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADC_CommTeam02 View Post
        I am running Windows 10 & I can duplicate your issue.

Requesting you contact our technical support team with a copy of your system report. This will open a trouble ticket for this issue.

Thank you!

Comment

While you are at it, the crashdump goes to virtual store, too. link to post
          I had a PAC Suite crash while running the graphing for about 20 hours. -- I know, I treat your software and hardware a bit roughly. Usually, it takes all of the abuse with a smile!

Comment

I am running Windows 10 with 3.5.3.3 & I can duplicate your issue.

Sysreport can be found here link - since this laptop does not have email.

Comment

Another option is to select the export date icon, this will save the graph data to a .csv file?

Name:	export.png
Views:	97
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	129974

Our QA has been able to reproduce and have entered a trouble ticket to get it fixed.

I also sent over your find about the crashdump.

Comment

Another option is to select the export date icon, this will save the graph data to a .csv file?

Click image for larger version  Name:	export.png Views:	0 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	129974
                I will do that!
                Thank you.

[EDIT] the Export Data did export to the correct path.
                Last edited by kewakl; 04-02-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Now, I had a difficult time trying to figure out how to get rid of a boolean tag from the exported data.

I had a BOOL highlighted in the dataviewer and accidentally hit the Graph Tag(s) button.
                  That tag was added to the graph. I removed the boolean tag, cleared the graph, but the tag still shows in the exported data.
                  Remove All does clear the unwanted boolean tag. That Remove All button is nicely hidden. I had to remove one tag, then the right click to see the Remove All option.

Also, I do not get a confirmation dialog for every 'Export' button click. It seems that the csv is not populated fully when I do not get the dialog.
                  Last edited by kewakl; 04-02-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Replaced CPU. No more large scan time/interval blips -- for an extended timeframe, the graph is limited to 5 minutes.
                    I intend to wipe the original CPU and reload the project to compare.

Name:	exporteddata.10.54.32.png
Views:	65
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	130018

Comment

spoke too soon.
                      [note] the pen colors are different (from first image) after clearing all tags to remove the errant boolean tag.
                      No apparent reason for this. Same process, nothing comes to mind as to why I see a lot of last scan interval spikes the last scan time doesn't even show above the noise of the averages.
                      Still looking

Name:	scan interval new cpu.png
Views:	66
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	130025

Comment

and just like that - with no significant change in my process

Name:	Spikes stop new cpu.png
Views:	62
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	130028

Comment

Working...
                        X