Next Release of CMore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Release of CMore

How about in the next release of CMore, putting the ability in the alarm database (and others) to copy all the embedded entries from the alarm tag to the email tag.

After typing all those entries in two times (exactly the same info for alarm and email message) my fingers are bleeding

Mike

Next Release

It also would not break my heart if suddenly a new release comes out with auto scaling of trends and such or the ability to tie to scale to a tag either internal or PLC based so we can account for real world changes in data range.

Makes it real hard to have multiple items on a trend when you have to show something that has a FS of 5000 and something that has a FS of 50 on the same graph.

Look at your POV software for a really nice way of doing trends. Don't need all the bells and whistles but the ability to select and un-select items to show and auto scaling of each item would be a good start.

Mike

Comment

Wow, can't even copy and paste. Never thought of needing to do tht before but it makes sense.

Thanks Mike that is good feedback.
      Last edited by HMI Eng; 03-08-2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMc View Post
        How about in the next release of CMore, putting the ability in the alarm database (and others) to copy all the embedded entries from the alarm tag to the email tag.
        Have you tried Export->Event Man database
        Copy & paste alarm events, find-replace required fields to make them email events, save, then Import->Event Man database.

I use import/export to make most events in Excel, very handy. Not sure if it would accomplish exactly what you're trying to do, but it's REALLY fast way to program once you learn it.

Originally posted by MikeMc View Post
        It also would not break my heart if suddenly a new release comes out with auto scaling of trends...
        ...but the ability to select and un-select items to show and auto scaling of each item would be a good start.
        Auto-scaling would be nice, I usually use multiple trend graphs when dealing with vastly different units, or have the PLC move the decimal over to display on same trend (e.g. then show as Units x10 on trend graph).

Doesn't EA9 have ability to show/hide each trend on a graph? The little eye in the legend, next to the name for each trend, can show/hide that trend. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Comment

Working...
        X