• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click

Great little powerhouse.

Requests:
    add option to kill audio feedback.
    add option for 'NON-NOOB' mode. Do not need all prompts and confirmations.
    add option to 'transfer to CLICK' without saving project.
    add option for indexed/indirect/pointer addressing <- this would make the FOR-NEXT loop actually useful.

CLICK supports indirect addressing. See the help file topic CL195.

I will pass the requests along to the Product Manager.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Cl195

Thank You!
      I have only HELPED in a few CLICK projects. Been busy with PAC/C-More.
      This could put the CLICK one step higher in my list of go-to controllers!

It seems to me that this addressing mode, as currently implemented, could be useful for recipes..multiple parameter setups...

Does the line from CL195 mean what I think that it means.....
      That ONLY the COPY instruction supports Pointer Addressing AND ... ONLY for SingleCopy mode?

Important: Currently, only the Copy instruction supports Pointer Addressing in the Single Copy mode. The Pointer Addressing can be used for the Source and/or Destination as shown below.

Comment

At the moment yes, it is only supported in a single copy mode. I have asked for it to be supported in more places, but I have not talked with the Product Manager to see where/when it is scheduled.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation.

Comment

click

any new click stuff coming out in the near future? it would be great to see expandable analog, rtd, expandable communications ect. I understand it's not a workhorse Plc but can ya squeez a lil bit more out of it? they are great little Plc with many possibilities.

Comment

We are working on more features, but nothing that I can comment specifically on at this time.

Comment

CLICK pointers - copy/shift

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
                add option for indexed/indirect/pointer addressing <- this would make the FOR-NEXT loop actually useful.
                I have worked up a small project to demonstrate how to make the FOR-NEXT loop a bit more useful.
                I *currently* do not have a real project for this, so I did not make any effort for clean code.

uses:
                DATA BLOCK COPY
                C1 is the trigger
                DS1 is the Accumulator / source offset (POINTER)
                DS2 is the destination offset (POINTER)
                DD1-DD100 DATASOURCE
                C2 is an artifact from trying to get a subroutine working

DATA BLOCK SHIFT
                C3 is the trigger
                DS3 is the Accumulator
                DS4 is the source offset to the START of the DATABLOCK
                DS5 is the source offset of the actual piece of data being copied (POINTER)
                DS6 is the destination offset (POINTER)
                DD101-DD200 COPY DATA destination and SHIFT WorkArea
                C4 is an artifact from trying to get a subroutine working

'DataView 1' has all of the necessary entries

You are welcome to use this as you wish.

I tried to make these routines into callable subroutines, but each routine would only work ONCE after a download. --even after resetting any bits/words.

If you can fix this problem, please post your project.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by kewakl; 03-12-2012, 01:25 PM. Reason: Add DD###

Comment

Can you post an example of one of the routines as implemented in a subroutine which exhibits the problem you saw?
                  thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

This project has BOTH routines in their own subs.
                    Just transfer to CLICK and then, in the dataview toggle C1 and C2 to work the procedures.
                    Rung 2 of the subroutines... tried with rising edge (didn't go twice). then changed to latching out. (still didn't go twice.)
                    I have NOT found why this doesn't work TWICE.
                    EACH sub will function correctly ONCE after a transfer to the CLICK.

As mentioned, this was a 'See if I can' project.
                    I have NO immediate requirement for this. The original post is now over 4 months old.
                    If you can determine why this doesn't work twice, then we may have something useful that the FOR/NEXT can do.

Thank you for your interest.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by kewakl; 03-12-2012, 03:30 PM. Reason: rung 2 comment

Comment

Main routine

- remove rungs 6, 7

Copy Using Pointer Subroutine

- rung 2, delete contact C1, delete contact C2, delete latch C2
                      - rung 3, delete contact C1, remove one-shot from FOR command
                      - rung 8, Remove GEQ test, reset only C1, remove COPY commnd

Shift data down subroutine

- rung 2, delete contact C3, delete contact C4, delete latch C4
                      - rung 3, delete contact C3, remove one-shot from FOR command
                      - rung 10, Remove GEQ test, reset only C3, remove COPY command
                      Last edited by bcarlton; 03-12-2012, 04:02 PM.
                      thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Bernie!,
                        Great call!

Since MAIN ends at rung 3, removing rungs 6 and 7 has no effect.

Comment

I have implemented Bernie's suggestions(Thanks) and a bit of code/comment cleanup.
                          This demo performs as advertised on a Click C0-01DR-D FW V 1.31.

These three procedures are in 3 separate subroutines.
                          1. Loads a block of data from DD1-DD100 to DD101-DD200 on a rising edge of C1
                          2. Shifts a block of data DD101-DD200 DOWN 1 register location for each rising edge of C3
                          3. Shifts a block of data DD101-DD200 UP 1 register location for each rising edge of C5

No bounds checking
                          No data block min size adjust hard coded to 0
                          No data block max size adjust hard coded to 100
                          No data block origin adjust -
                          Data Block Source origin hard coded to DD1
                          Data Block Destination origin hard coded to DD101

No warranty.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X