Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arduino PLC: possible to use Micrpython?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arduino PLC: possible to use Micrpython?

Hi folks,

as I am very experienced with python language and the micropython variant can be installed on all Arduino microcontrollers I would like to know if this is also possible with your opensource PLCs.

If it is possible how could one address receive and send processes to connected AD IO's?

Thank you very much in advance.

kind regards

Chris

So, as far as I know it seems possible. Hardware wise we are basically a MKRZero or for this purpose a Feather M0 Basic. We also don't have any drivers released, but it wouldn't be impossible to port our current library.

That being said, I'm pretty certain to make it work, you would have to overwrite the bootloader of P1AM-100. This is not something we can support, especially in case something goes wrong.

Comment

Thank you very much for clarification. How likely is it that you provide micropython drivers for your IOs in the future? I mean the advantage of this device would be ro open the plc world to a wide community of makers and coders for the fastest growing language of all. But of course you have to have access to the IOs to make it really different from standard arduino.

I think of heating plant controllers which are seamlessy integrated into MQTT smarthomes with just a minimal codebase.

anyway, thanks for the answer.

kind regards

Chris

Comment

We're working on expanding the ProductivityOpen line and are listening to feedback like this to help refine future features. However, I can't give any comment on specific features or timelines.

If MQTT is important to you, I suggest you take a look at our MQTT example https://github.com/AutomationDirect/...d_Response.ino

Comment

Working...
        X