Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLC with MQTT, Collaborative Task Scheduler, SD Card, and NTP functionality

All,
    I got a P1AM earlier this week and have taken advantage of this whole Coronavirus to implement a project I've been wanting to work on for a while: A controller for my aquarium! Right now, I've got an Apex Neptune, which is a very costly, proprietary, "black-box" platform that leaves a lot to be desired in terms of integration capabilities. It's not even "programmable", per `se, but can be configured for basic on/off timers (like a fancy sprinkler timer system.)

I don't know how much I'll be able to work on this project after everything goes back to normal, but this should be more than enough to get people started with a collaborative task scheduler on the P1AM. I've been able to easily get simple (non-blocking) tasks to run easily at 2ms intervals, as the TaskScheduler library is only taking ~12us of overhead for each pass!

With the standard tasks running at 5ms, I'm able to run MQTT messaging at ~20ms intervals. Note that I'm not 100% sure if there are any blocking calls in the MQTT, SD, or NTP libraries, so I'd leave plenty of overhead for any network-stack related operations.

https://github.com/JohnnyG89/SeaDragon

Deuces,
    -JG

New Revision!
    Includes a huge overhaul to the file structure so each of the tasks can run independently of one another.
    Same features.

https://github.com/JohnnyG89/SeaDragon

Comment

New pic of the P1AM in its "forever home"!
      Right below it is the Neptune Systems Apex Aquacontroller it's going to replace, and the IOT server is that thin client right inside the cabinet. To the right are the two remote IO modules from Neptune Systems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200414_080810.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	130285
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X