Win 10 C-More Micro Programming with EA-MG-PGM-CBL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 10 C-More Micro Programming with EA-MG-PGM-CBL

I am getting warning and "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" in Device Manager for my EA-MG-PGM-CBL programming device for the C-More Micro.

I'm guessing, as DM shows as a Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port, that the Prolific chip used is the older version. Does the current shipping unit have the newer chip? The GoldX USB to Serial uses a Black vs Gold cable to tell the difference. How do I tell the difference with the EA-MG-PGM-CBL between old and new?

In device manager, see which drivers is used by Windows 10, it should be koyo USB-Serial Comm Port, if not, right click Brows and pick drivers from the list.

Comment

All of the EA-MG-PGM-CBL adapters with any chipset work with the Koyo driver. http://ftp.automationdirect.com/pub/...BL_drivers.zip

Also located on this web page: http://support.automationdirect.com/...ads.html#tools

You have to uninstall the Prolific Driver and set Windows so that it does not go out to the Internet to find another driver. If you do not do this Windows will go out and download the Prolific Driver and use it instead of the Koyo Driver.

The EA-MG-PGM-CBL that currently ships uses the latest chipset from Prolific and will work with the Prolific Driver.

Comment

I have to have Prolific Drivers for other devices that are used much more frequently.

I played around with updating the driver in Device Manager and when manually browsing for drivers, I went to "Let me pick from a list....." and then unchecked the "Show compatible hardware" box. AutomationDirect appeared as a manufacturer with "C-more Micro" as a driver. This appears to work.

If I always use the same USB port in the PC, it comes up in Device Manager as C-more Micro now. Hopefully, it will stay this way. If not, it can be a work around.

Meanwhile, I'll order a new EA-MG-PGM-CBL

Comment

More playing, and I found the newest Koyo Driver. Lets hope it keeps working

Comment

Working...
          X