Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting EA9 HMI panel to P2-550 CPU

Hi,

I'm trying to connect an EA9 HMI panel using the C-More software to a productivity 2000 P2-550 CPU. I'm using ethernet between the two. I configured the panel by going under "panel manager" selecting the ethernet port, and selecting "AutomationDirect Productivity Ethernet". I think put in the IP address that is listed when I select my hardware config in the producitivy suite software for the CPU, which was (presumably the default?) 10.10.10.10. I left the remaining of the settings. What am I doing incorrectly? I also changed the IP address manually to something else and tried setting the HMI to that but I still get the "PLC-001: PLC Communication Timeout" error.

Is the panel IP address in the same subnet as the PLC? Is the subnet mask the same?

Comment

Yes, I checked and they both have the same IP address subnet mask: 255.255.0.0 and the IP address setup under the panel manager has been set to the IP of the PLC as set in productivity suite.

Comment

The IP address of the C-More panel and the PLC must be different, but in the same subnet. The rest of the IP setting should be the same (subnet mask, etc.). For example:

Panel:
        IP address - 10.10.10.10
        Subnet mask - 255.255.0.0

PLC:
        IP address - 10.10.10.9
        Subnet mask - 255.255.0.0

Comment

By default, the P2K are set to IP 10.10.10.10 subnet 255.255.255.0

Set your C-more to IP 10.10.10.11 subnet 255.255.255.0
          If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but when I change the IP, the panel no longer connects. It shows an "unmatched network address" error. Attached is a screenshot

Attached Files

Comment

Your panel, PLC, and PC all need to be on the same subnet. Your screen shot shows that your PC is at 169.254.53.224. Was this address set by you or did it get that by DHCP?

Comment

I see, my apologies, got it working once I used a USB to connect to the HMI and configured things with the ethernet connected to the PLC simultaneously.

Comment

Hello. I have EA9 HMI connected to a productivity 1000, I configured the panel to ethernet port, and selecting "AutomationDirect Productivity Ethernet", what to configure in P1000 software to get connection and change data as inputs, outputs and 32bit integer. IP setting ok. Could You MR0624 share Your settings screen shots, or any sample files to HMI and PLC? THX.

Comment

Working...
                  X