EA1-T6CL P499 error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA1-T6CL P499 error

Hello guys, I am having an issue with a customer site they are having a P499:020D error on the HMI. I've looked into it and the manual says it is a PLC error in key mode.
    I have tried to find out what that is but cannot find anything yet. The customer site is 4 hours away, so I'm trying to find out as much as possible before I go there.
    The PLC is a DL205. I have attached a link to the photo of the HMI error. Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you,
    Adam McCormick
    MCC Controls
    Attached Files

Is the Run/Term/Stop switch on the plc in the term position?

Comment

I am waiting for my customer to send a photo of that, I will confirm. I'm not very well versed with the DL PLC's so it's new to me. Thanks.

Comment

techme got it.

EA1 help:
        Note: The following errors can be generated from the designated PLC, are monitored by the C-more Micro-
        Graphic panel, and displayed on the panel’s screen as a hexadecimal value in panel error code P499, if active.
        Please refer to the PLC users manual for additional information.

020D in the DL205 series is E525 which says:

E525
        MODE SWITCH
        (DL240/250–1/260)
        An operation was attempted by the Handheld Programmer while the CPU mode switch was
        in a position other than the TERM position.

Comment

Thanks Mike, how did you correlate the 020D to the E525 error? I had a look in both manuals but couldn't figure out. I assume that the switch should be in RUN to operate?

Comment

CMoreMicro help topic CMM154
            Error table at the bottom of the help topic.
            PLC Errors for DirectLogic K-sequence
            020D Error in Key Mode. Place Mode Switch in Term position

and DirectSoft help Error Code E525 KEYSWITCH
            An operation was attempted by the handheld programmer while the CPU keyswitch was in a position other than the TERM position.
            Last edited by kewakl; 05-17-2017, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mccontrols View Post
              Thanks Mike, how did you correlate the 020D to the E525 error? I had a look in both manuals but couldn't figure out. I assume that the switch should be in RUN to operate?
              I used Windows Calculator. Set to hex, enter 20D, switch to decimal to get 525.

Comment

You did MATH!!!??? I just looked.

Comment

oh jeeez... makes sense... thanks guys. That's embarrassing lol...

Comment

Working...
                  X