Text to Audio generator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text to Audio generator

Can some of you please share the software or website you use for the audio output on the Cmore panels? I've been using texttospeach.com but it is quite limited in the "voice" types. Thanks!

I have been using Natural Reader. I do need to upgrade it though. I have version 9 but believe they are up to version 11 or 12.

Comment

Im using Natural Reader also. I installed it last year and it was version 14, Im not sure what the latest is. I can say that it works well and it impresses the customers when they hear certian alarms being spoken instead of the standard buzzer or beep and text on the screen. What type of speakers are you using in your application?

Comment

i been using Elk ampifier and speakers from Smart Home. I paint the speakers to match the cabinet. As you said, people are impressed by the voice and it tells the operator what to do if they do it wrong. I used it also for safety. It warns someone if they are getting too close before the machine shuts down. If it does shut down it will say why. I got tired of all the buzzers in the plant. It got so confusing why an alarm went off. Together with the C-More and Voice, it has worked good for us. I use the HMI quite a bit to display what is wrong, Maintenance loves it. For example, our ovens if shut down will display if the SSR shorted or is open, or if the Circuit Breaker tripped, tell them if the heater is bad and which one. It takes a lot of programming but worth it not be called out to the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by a agnone View Post
          i been using Elk ampifier and speakers from Smart Home. I paint the speakers to match the cabinet. As you said, people are impressed by the voice and it tells the operator what to do if they do it wrong. I used it also for safety. It warns someone if they are getting too close before the machine shuts down. If it does shut down it will say why. I got tired of all the buzzers in the plant. It got so confusing why an alarm went off. Together with the C-More and Voice, it has worked good for us. I use the HMI quite a bit to display what is wrong, Maintenance loves it. For example, our ovens if shut down will display if the SSR shorted or is open, or if the Circuit Breaker tripped, tell them if the heater is bad and which one. It takes a lot of programming but worth it not be called out to the floor.
          It sounds like it would also take alot of additional input points or have you figured a way around that? Definitely sounds great from the maintenance side of things.

Comment

I am not sure I follow, input points? Each sound is assigned a bit, C0, C1....The C-More Event uses these bits to trigger the sound in the program. Oh I see what you mean now, sorry. yes it would use some inputs. For heaters, inputs to the plc are tied to current sensors, side contacts are placed on the overloads or contactors, additional contacts are placed on circuit breakers. I seldom us contacts on circuit breakers though. Yes, it does use inputs, but it all pays off with minimum down time to the equipment. And of course increases programming time. I am lucky I work at a company that does not give me too much grief about developing time. And yes, it sure helps out our maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by a agnone View Post
              I am not sure I follow, input points? Each sound is assigned a bit, C0, C1....The C-More Event uses these bits to trigger the sound in the program. Oh I see what you mean now, sorry. yes it would use some inputs. For heaters, inputs to the plc are tied to current sensors, side contacts are placed on the overloads or contactors, additional contacts are placed on circuit breakers. I seldom us contacts on circuit breakers though. Yes, it does use inputs, but it all pays off with minimum down time to the equipment. And of course increases programming time. I am lucky I work at a company that does not give me too much grief about developing time. And yes, it sure helps out our maintenance.
              I think Mike means for this:
              "For example, our ovens if shut down will display if the SSR shorted or is open, or if the Circuit Breaker tripped, tell them if the heater is bad and which one."

How many I/O to tell the difference between open/short SSR et al. and something else wrong...

Comment

Oh, well if the current sensor is reading current but the plc output is off then the ssr is shorted. If the plc output is on and the current is zero, the ssr is open or heater open. Circuit breakes have contacts mounted on the side of them. I do not do that often, only if it is important. The oven is zoned so that is how I know which heater is bad. Using the thermocouples I can tell if it is over heating or under heating.

Comment

Working...
                X