Need HELP creating a login screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need HELP creating a login screen

I'm still new to PLC so details are useful. I need 10 operators listed and PINs for each with the ability to have more that one operator logged on at once.

I'm using D-more and C-more micro 6" in portrait mode.
    So far I have set up 10 string variables for names and 10 bits to set for active operators in the PLC. On the micro I can't see how to get the list on the screen and enter PINs without the number showing on the touch screen keypad.

Are there program examples of such?

Is there a reason not to use the built in password functions?
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I think I understand the password you are referring to is for level of access for selected screens. If I use it then do I set up 10 screens, one for each operator?

If not is there another password function, what is it called?

Comment

The passwords can be used to protect either screen objects or individual screens. As to how to set it up, it depends on what kind of access you want.

HMI's are typically not password protected like Windows. Typically you protect objects or a screen or both from unauthorized access.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I have dropped three objects, Push button, Switch, and Radio Button onto the screen and none give me an option to password protect them.

How does that work.

Comment

Sorry about that, I missed that you were using Cmore Micro. The full version Cmore gives password protection to objects, Cmore Micro does not.

Comment

Back to the beginning, I can live with 8 operators. If I jump to a different screen based on the list of operators and password protect each screen based on the password configuration should that do it?

Now for the list of strings of the operator names. Do I place Lookup Text over a Screen Change Button for each operator with the Lookup Text tag being the string variable for the operators name?

Am I on the right track?

Comment

I suppose that might work.

Comment

I mostly have this working however the tag containing the number of the desired message for my application needs to be a constant for each of the Lookup Text boxes. I will have to define a numeric variable for each of the Lookup Text boxes and write 1 thru 7 to get the Group name (Operator's names) assigned to their Text box.

This is really not the intended use of the password protected screens. This could be solved with an option in Numeric Entry of masking the numbers entered. If that was available I think the password process could be handled by the PLC.

Obviously the masked Numeric Entry is in the system. Make it available as an object. I'll look for the suggestion page.

Comment

I am looking at a similar project with many more users, but with DL-06, And C-More touch screen, I can have up to 8 passwords but will have anywhere from 16-20 operators, there must be a better option?

Comment

Working...
                    X