Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike A
    replied
    I am using the Dynamic text setup in one of my applications on a C-More Micro EA3. In a password protected Setup screen, the user can label the recipes (1-6) with a 12-character ASCII string with TextEntry buttons. This is stored in the PLC (V3010 for R1, V3020 for R2, etc.) It is recalled on the Main screen with Dynamic Text overlaying Recipe buttons. I have two DT labels on top of each Recipe button, one with a green background and one with a gray background. If a particular recipe is selected, the green background label is visible. If not, the gray is visible.

Everything worked great up through firmware v.4.10. However, with the current v.4.30 the labels are not consistently visible. If i select recipe1, no labels are visible. if i select recipe2, then the gray 1, 3, and 4 are visible. They just seem to randomly decide which labels should be visible, and aren't repeatable. Meaning the next time i go to recipe2, only gray 4 and 5 may be visible.

This is repeatable both in the simulator and the PLC (D06).

I like the idea of just making them <INTERNAL> tags. I will have to test it out on v.4.30 to see if it works and if it is retentive. I'm glad I found this thread because now I have a panel that's been flashed to v.4.30 that I can't use for this application with this "bug".

I will be reporting the possible bug for the different firmware versions.

Leave a comment:

• SoilTech
    replied
    a agnone Yes, they are just labels displayed on the panel.

Leave a comment:

• a agnone
    replied
    You say they are static text. So they are just labels or info on the panel? Use Text Entry, assign memory. Now they can enter what ever they want. It will not be used anywhere in the plc.

Leave a comment:

• Ridgeline Mach
    replied
    I've have done it. I allow my customers to assign names to their recipes. You must use dynamic text objects, and have them assigned to strings in your PLC. When the customer is on the screen where I allow recipe name edits, they must choose which recipe number they're going to name. They're then editing the string assigned to that recipe number. And IF the PLC your connected to is a Click, be sure to use the latest version of the software, and check the box that keeps the strings retentive.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Nash
    replied
    Originally posted by OkiePC View Post
    I think you can set up retentive internal tags as string data type and use text entry objects to display/edit them. I am not sure how to go about populating those strings with something meaningful at startup (if they are null).
    That works in the simulator. Set the internal tag to retentive I would also think, but the simulator doesn't tell me whether that really works. Dynamic Text in place of Static Text and Text Entry to allow the operator to change it.

Leave a comment:

• Cap
    replied
    I did a Bruit Force Method, rather than getting Cute and fancy.. I just want mine to work and move on..

Mine is a 'Analog Label' for my Analog Input Card Configuration table, changeable from the C-More EA9..

I assigned TEXT(1) through TEXT(32) in the C-More.. to Memory V6000-V6370 (V6377 Actually ) in the 260 CPU.. Each text String Is 7 Oct Long.. So TEXT(1) goes from V6000 to V6007.. And So On..
    In the C-More I set up a Text Input String Box, that each Text Box is assigned to it's Text String.. Each String is Assigned as 16 Char Ascii Data Type..

Like I said, It's a No Frills way to get it done..

Cap

Leave a comment:

• OkiePC
    replied
    I think you can set up retentive internal tags as string data type and use text entry objects to display/edit them. I am not sure how to go about populating those strings with something meaningful at startup (if they are null).

Leave a comment:

• C-more - Change Static Text labels from User input at panel

I have some Static Text objects on my C-more EA9 series panel that I'd like to allow the user to modify the displayed text from within a screen on the panel (not by using C-more software & computer). How would I accomplish this?
    Thanks!
Working...
X