How to connect a BX-DM1-18ER-D PLC to C-more using an EA7-T6C hmi display

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect a BX-DM1-18ER-D PLC to C-more using an EA7-T6C hmi display

My PLC does not have the modem cable port to connect to. Is this possible? The modem cable has 6 connections but my PLC only has 3 connections for RS232/485.

Look on the back of the CMore. You should see a 15-pin connector. Two of those pins should match up to two of the pins on your DoMore.

Depending on whether you choose RS232 or RS485, you would select a different pair on the CMore.
    The same two pins would be used on DoMore regardless of RS232 or RS485 selection. Software Selection.

I have NOT made this connection, so I cannot 100% confirm.

CMORE spec sheet https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...inch_12_09.pdf Page E10-42
    DoMore spec sheet https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...xdm1_18erd.pdf Page BRX-45

EDIT: A POM module is about $70. Maybe BobO or someone else can confirm that the ethernet POM will work for CMore comms.
    Last edited by kewakl; 11-10-2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

The Ethernet POM should work fine for communications to a C-more as would the RJ12 POM.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

So where are the cables for C-more/C-more Micro to Do-more 3 terminal Serial Port? There's not even a connection diagram for the Do-more in the C-more Micro Manual.

Comment

We are working on getting cables as accessory items. I wish it were as simple as waving a magic wand, but unfortunately it is a bit more complicated than that.

As far as the diagrams in the manual or help file, that isn't my product line so I can't comment on why they are not there.
          If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X