C-More Popup Window Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-More Popup Window Request

I have an application where a Popup Window would be really useful, but I would like it to display one of several (10-20) different screens, depending on which selector switch is actuated. To do this, I think I have to have a separate Popup Window Object for each possible screen, all of them stacked on top of each other. If the Popup Window editor had the option of referencing a variable memory location for choosing the screen #, I would only need one. Is this a possibility for a future revision? Or, is there a better way to do this, that I'm just not seeing?

Not sure what you are asking, but if it is just a message or information, I use the Look up text. Example V1 is the message and in the data base have message 1-Select 1, message 2-Selector 2, etc. By sending a number from the plc tied to what selector switch is activated send 1, 2, 3, etc to V1 which displays a message on any screen. I have the Look Up text tag set to be visible only if v1>0. I am sure there are other ways of doing this.

Comment

What I'm trying to do is to give more information to the maintenance mechanics about what is going on with a machine - why a certain output isn't turning on. They're not super comfortable getting into the PLC software and connecting to a machine, so I'm trying to set up a popup window to display a rung or two of logic for an output. I'm using dynamic bitmap indicators for the contacts and the coil. So, for example, I've attached a picture of the screen with that logic, and a picture of the screen where the popup window would appear. Since I think I would need one screen for every output rung, it would be nice if the Popup Window could reference a V-memory location for choosing the screen, rather than having 10-20 Popup Window objects stacked on top of each other.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Y00 Ladder Logic Screen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	110318Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen with Popup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	110319

Comment

Generally lets say there is an error, or output not coming on which caused the error, I go to a screen that will tell them the items to check, senor 1, circuit breaker 2, SSR shorted, etc. Most times when an output does not come on causing a fault it is only a couple reasons. Displaying logic on screen, well lets just say mind as well display french cause most do not know what they looking at anyhow. It takes a lot of programming but has worked really well for me just by giving the things to check. Some screens they can go to to look at input lights to see what is not working. they can also jog sections and watch input lights to see what is happening. There are lots of variations for helping maintenance find the issue. Only limit is your imagination and how much you want to put into it.

Comment

Working...
        X