12" CMore Touch Screen Stops Communicating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" CMore Touch Screen Stops Communicating

6 Month old CMore Touch Screen communicating DF1 Full Duplex -RS232 to Port 0 on a AB SLC 5/04. I just got the panel installed and it has ran for 1 week. Suddenly the operator could not change values on the screen and the screen could not read values from the PLC. I know this because I left an old PV550 on a DH485 network running while testing this unit as we cannot afford to be down. Anyway, I simply rebooted only the CMore by unplugging for 15 secs and plugging back in. The RS-232 run is about 20 ft. Max and is running at 9600 baud, parity None, 1 stop bit, No handshaking, Error CRC, ack timeout 50 nak retries 3, retries 3 in the PLC and 9600, None, 1, CRC, Timeout 30, Poll time 0. Other than the difference in Timeout, what could be doing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Is the screen saver enabled on the panel?
    I had screens do things while the screensaver was enabled.
    1. WHITESCREEN - did not respond
    2. WHITESCREEN - did respond
    3. BLACKSCREEN - did not respond
    4. BLACKSCREEN - did respond ------HMM! Could this have been a screensaver in action?
    5. STUCKSCREEN - did not respond
    6. STUCKSCREEN - did respond

EDIT : ADD LINK TO THREAD https://forum.automationdirect.com/f...oftware-issues
    Last edited by kewakl; 01-24-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Truthfully I can't remember if screen saver is on or not. I don't remember how to activate it. However, that being said, the screen will change pages you can attempt to change values in a numeric entry and you can press enter, however no value ever changes. So I am assuming that the screen saver is not the issue.

Comment

Probably not screensaver then.

Comment

Working...
        X