plc-001 plc communication timeout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plc-001 plc communication timeout

I'm using a P3k P3-550 cpu with a Cmore EA9-15CL HMI. Using Ethernet thru a Stride unmanaged switch. Also connected to that switch is 400hp ABB freq drive. a 6" Cmore, Barcode reader, and a port used with DataWorx. I am having random issues with this error ( PLC-001 PLC COMMUNICATION TIMEOUT ) it normally happens during a test and freezes the screen. Power has to be shut down to eliminate it. I've increased the poll time in Cmore from factory default to 10. By going up much further I have pushbutton delay. PLEASE. How can I resolve this. I have 4 test stands with same setup and 2 of them I never have issues with and the other 2 constant problem. Any Ideas would be appreciated. Also I only see this on the 15" screen, never on the 6" screen

Originally posted by jparker View Post
    I am having random issues with this error ( PLC-001 PLC COMMUNICATION TIMEOUT ) it normally happens during a test and freezes the screen.
    What kind of test? Is the ABB drive/wiring close to the test rig power supply/hmi?
    What power supply is/are powering the test rigs? If the power supply is being pushed to the edge of its 'current' capability, you may be undervolting the hmi, cmores hate that!
    A larger cmore may be more 'affected' by undervolting/powersupply recovery time. More screen size to power.

Power has to be shut down to eliminate it.
    Power to what, the whole test rig or PLC, HMI, ethernet switch?

I've increased the poll time in Cmore from factory default to 10. By going up much further I have pushbutton delay.
    What do you mean 'pushbutton delay?' the delay before the pushbutton registers the 'push' in the PLC?

How can I resolve this. I have 4 test stands with same setup and 2 of them I never have issues with and the other 2 constant problem. Any Ideas would be appreciated. Also I only see this on the 15" screen, never on the 6" screen
    See power supply response in item 1, above 15" vs 6"
    If you are allowed: Can you swap items? Try swapping the ethernet switch from one of the OFFENDING rigs to one that does not. Try swapping a 15" for the 6". If all else demonstrates no effect, try swapping the CPU.

Comment

The test consists of 4hours at various RPM's of a natural gas compressor. Monitoring temp's, horsepower,oil pressure, to name a few. The power supply is a Rhino PSB24-480. I pretty sure there is a enough supply. By shut down power I mean I have to kill power to the whole system, PLC/drive/ everything. As for pushbutton delay your right when I press an HMI button there is a delay before action. Do you think there's to much traffic over Ethernet? Would a managed e-switch be a wiser choice?

Comment

Working...
      X