Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I use C-more EA9 Message database more than using the lookup text?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I use C-more EA9 Message database more than using the lookup text?

can I load a message to a tag?
    Is there any tag i can use to point one of the messages?
    or can i copy the current lookup text to a tag?

CM254 says "The Message Database allows the creation, viewing, and editing of Messages that can be used with the Lookup Text Object. "

Originally posted by AlecTek View Post
    can I load a message to a tag?
    No. The TAG is a pointer to a message that you want to display.

Is there any tag i can use to point one of the messages?
    Yes, what do you want to do?

or can i copy the current lookup text to a tag?
    No

In an EA7/EA9 I find that a MultiState Text object is more flexible and user-friendly than the Message Database.
    The Message Database is global--all objects use same message/format/embedded tags for each 'pointed-to' message - This is great for some applications, not so great for others.
    MultiState Text -- each object contains its own message database(messages/formats/embedded tags.)

[EDIT: Add CM254]
    Last edited by kewakl; 02-08-2018, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Thank you Kewakl!

What I want to do is to fill/edit a message library from excel and import to Cmore. and when I need a text message i just use a tag with an index somehow. And the reason behind is not to enter text one by one at Cmore software.

So there is not a way that I can assign a message number and load the message to a string tag?

MultiState Text is unable to import/export so it is not an option.

Comment

The Dynamic text object can be used like this. The PLC stores the text strings in some text/ascii... registers, then when you need to, write those text/ascii... to the starting tag for the Dynamic text object.

Example: CMore and CLICK
        In CMore:
        Add a Dynamic Text object to the screen
        set TXT1 as the String Tag, make the length 40 characters. (you can make shorter messages, use whatever length suits your needs)
        I usually set the Trigger Tag and the Visibility Tag to the same tag.
        The *help* is rather vague on THE PURPOSE of the Trigger tag, it simply tells you how to SELECT a tag.
        I think that by now, most of us KNOW HOW TO SELECT A TAG! Tell us WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS TAG!

In CLICK:
        Do not use TXT1 - TXT40 for any thing other than the MESSAGE to be displayed
        use TXT41 as the origin for message 1
        use TXT81 as the origin for message 2

Have a DS register to indicate which message to display.
        If DS value is 1, copy (block) TXT41-TXT80 to TXT1. The copy instruction will copy TXT41 to TXT1, TXT42 to TXT2....TXT80 to TXT40. The CMore will display message 1.
        If DS value is 2, copy (block) TXT81-TXT120 to TXT1. The copy instruction will copy TXT81 to TXT1, TXT82 to TXT2....TXT120 to TXT40. The CMore will display message 2.

I do not know which PLC you are using, so I chose CLICK as an example platform.
        Last edited by kewakl; 02-09-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Hi Kewakl,

I am now using Productivity P2-550, but decide to use do-more because of the flexibility.

I see what you have done. Most of our systems are existing so I tried not to touch the PLCs, and only upgrade the cmore program. In this way i could avoid shutting down the systems. But I perhaps should do the way you mentioned, because I think I give too much workloads on Cmore panel and the one i am working on gets too slow to update the alarms - when the alarm goes off, it takes 5 seconds to change the color from red to grey in the alarm list. Since the alarm object is built-in so I am not sure I can fix the problem.

Thanks again,

Alec

Comment

Working...
          X