Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point of View retired??????

What happened?

My suspicion is that it fell victim to the behemoth known as Schneider Electric after first being bought by wUnderwear.
    http://www.indusoft.com/Marketing/Ar...uires-InduSoft

Comment

Wonderware, the underwear that's fun to wear?

Comment

Originally posted by ControlsGuy View Post
        Wonderware, the underwear that's fun to wear?
        I have a lot of nicknames for products I am not fond of. Most of them would get me in trouble if I said them publicly.

Comment

Blue Open Studio from Proface is also Indusoft but they are working on fixes and additions to the package. I think it's just sold with their industrial PC displays for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Adisharr View Post
            Blue Open Studio from Proface is also Indusoft but they are working on fixes and additions to the package. I think it's just sold with their industrial PC displays for now.
            Yes, and Schneider also owns Proface now so it's in their self interest to support Indusoft there. For SCADA, A/D needs to partner with Inductive Automation to create Ignition drivers...not sure about having a rebranded SCADA package to resell, but Ignition is all we use when given the choice.

Comment

It appears you can still purchase Indusoft. I have it in one application. Really enjoyed it and the support for the product that was provided.

OkiePC, I have heard many great things about Ignition. Almost went that way on my project. It would be cool to see AD partner with them.

Comment

This is the second time this type of software has been dropped, lookout direct and now point of view. I second Ignition, very good software. We are system integrators and use what the customer prefers or the contract specs call for but, most of our Tech's prefer Ignition.

JW

Comment

Originally posted by jwbaker3 View Post
                  This is the second time this type of software has been dropped, lookout direct and now point of view. I second Ignition, very good software. We are system integrators and use what the customer prefers or the contract specs call for but, most of our Tech's prefer Ignition.

JW
                  Not exactly the same exact software type, but DataworxP3K is 'retired', also.

Comment

Working...
                  X