Overlaying indicators EA3-T6CL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlaying indicators EA3-T6CL

What do I need to do to make an active indicator light always on top? I have a project where I want to have a particular indicator light, when active, override everything below it. The way it functions now it overrides some but not all of the objects under it, making it look like a partially completed jigsaw puzzle.

I have tried making this post several times with a picture but I can't get it to load. I had to put it in a .ZIP file.
    HMI.zip

If it is in CMore, then try right clicking the active light and Bring Forward or Bring to Front.
    Alternately, right click the other buttons/controls and Send Backward or Send to Back

If the active light has a visibility option set than it will appear in front of the buttons or disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerR View Post
      If it is in CMore, then try right clicking the active light and Bring Forward or Bring to Front.
      Alternately, right click the other buttons/controls and Send Backward or Send to Back

If the active light has a visibility option set than it will appear in front of the buttons or disappear.
      I have already tried that - it works great for programming but it seems to have no effect on the HMI in operation.

I will go back and see how I have the visibility options set for the one that is correct versus the ones that are not correct, but I believe they are all set the same.

Comment

You are probably on to it there.
        If the active light is set to visibility on = 1 and the buttons are set to visibility on = 2, then one or the other can be shown.
        If all the controls and the active light are all the same activation, then one control has to win out over the other if they occupy the same space.

Comment

They are not activated under the same conditions...or are they? I have to look closer...

Thinking about it, I bet that is exactly the issue. Two very different sets of conditions, but both with the same simple event driving them.

I will need to change the programming in the PLC to actually create different events...

Thank you much!
          Last edited by DetroitSound; 04-17-2018, 12:15 PM. Reason: Second thoughts

Comment

Glad to help. I have run into this type of situation quite a few times.

I always seem to have a lot of conditions that happen only once in a while and need to display in the same area.
            If the display does not have a large colorful blinking control with text, then it is typically not noticed.

Comment

Working...
            X