HMI Aesthetics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMI Aesthetics

All can you give me some examples of screens you've used in the past?
    Screenshots is more than enough.

I develops an HMI in C-More and while I think it looks good my client wants something a little more colorful.
    My thought it what I've done (gray gradients, black text, Green/red as status indicators) is pretty industry standard and looks good however he is the client so I'll make whatever he wants.

Any thoughts?

post a pic. Sometimes just changing the background color can make a big difference.

Comment

Graphical representation of the system is the way I like to go if possible (depending on the screen size and system complexity). C-more software has a lot of really nice graphical symbols and images. You can also find more on the web. I've even gone as far as a creating a simple SolidWorks model to get the symbol and view I want.

Like a agnone said, sometimes a background can make all of the difference. The main screen on this system is just generic screen selector buttons with a nice background image (a scribbled out the company logo).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.gif
Views:	1
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	113943

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Size:	476.5 KB
ID:	113944

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	497.4 KB
ID:	113945

Comment

Don't have access to it right now but I'll take a picture of it later tonight to post.
        My main screen isn't far off from your first image pressgrove except I have a company logo and date/time on the header area and a gray background w/gradient and a frame.

Comment

Name:	Home screen run ready pulled.JPG
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	113978

I like to use animated lines and graphics. You cannot tell from the picture, but the lines change color based on commands, the servo position moved as the servo moves, and the graphic of the press will also change based on run conditions (alarm, no alarm, manual, auto). This might still be a bit dull for what you are asking, but the plant personnel like this version.

Comment

Here is my Home Screen for my Industrial Waste Plant. This is my Daily Tool.. I refer to it all the Time, Either at the Touch Screen, or from the Net to check Status..

It's not fancy, as it's an In-house Project, so no 'Branding' was done to the Screens.. Four other 'Bosses' check it at least one per day to see if processing of In VS Out is on track.. It's a useful tool..

Name:	Wis2 Plant Overview.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	113985

This screen is not secure, so vandals can get to it if they really want to.. No Buttons are available except the Log in.. Its a Numeric checked by the PLC, then a few Overlays will Pop up to allow Navigation back to the Guts of the Control Features.

This actually has a Second SMALL Wasteplant Located at the Bottom of the Screen.. This Little Plant had its Control Logic and Screen Die ( PC Based ), so it was also Migrated over to a PLC System.. It just shares the Same Touch Screen. The Smaller Wasteplant is More Remote than my Big One, so by Glancing at the Screen, I can check it out as well..
            Attached Files

Comment

This is the home screen for a groundwater treatment system we're deploying (hence the near-zero totals and invalid probe data). I copied a lot of ideas straight out of the High-Performance HMI Handbook, and had to build my own objects in C-More. It's a nightmare to do this, but it looks super-good when the system is running. Really easy to see at-a-glance where the system is and where it's going. This system is 100% hands-off in normal circumstances, so typically the operator will get a nightly screenshot and alarms on-condition.

Name:	Sample Screen.jpg
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	114018
              (customer name and logo removed to protect the innocent)

All the alarm and limit bands on the graphs and sliders are dynamic, based on a P2K subroutine I wrote. Again, a huge pain to program at first, but since I now have the code, it's something I can use for all my future projects. Now if C-More will let me create my own reusable objects rather than just grouping individual objects, I'll be truly happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Frontier View Post
                This is the home screen for a groundwater treatment system we're deploying (hence the near-zero totals and invalid probe data). I copied a lot of ideas straight out of the High-Performance HMI Handbook, and had to build my own objects in C-More. It's a nightmare to do this, but it looks super-good when the system is running. Really easy to see at-a-glance where the system is and where it's going. This system is 100% hands-off in normal circumstances, so typically the operator will get a nightly screenshot and alarms on-condition.

All the alarm and limit bands on the graphs and sliders are dynamic, based on a P2K subroutine I wrote. Again, a huge pain to program at first, but since I now have the code, it's something I can use for all my future projects. Now if C-More will let me create my own reusable objects rather than just grouping individual objects, I'll be truly happy.
                Agreed! and the note about reusable objects: I made a single-point 'variability' bar graph. It was a pain to make and a pain to recreate in another program -- even with my notes.
                The graph looks similar to this:

Code:
                .                +---------------------------+   
                .                |             |             |
                .                |            ░░░            |
                .                |            ░░░            |
                .                |            ░░░─◄          |◄------┐
                .                |            ░░░    ◄====   |       │             -- PV HI
                .           ┌---►|           ►─■─◄           |       │  
                .           │    |            ░░░            |       │  
                .           │    |            ░░░─◄          |◄--┐   │            
                .   PV -----┘    |            ░░░            |   │   └------SV HI
                .                |             |             |   │
                .                |             |             |   └----------SV LO
                .                |             |     ◄====   |                     -- PV LO
                .                +---------------------------+
                The vertical lines and arrows for SV HI, SV LO, PV HI, PV LO, are animated.
                The middle bar and components of the bar are animated.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
                  single-point 'variability' bar graph
                  Hmm... I'm tempted to add that as an option to my object... I'd be worried about clutter, but the hi and lo points are a great alternative if you're not graphing a PV.

I wish AD would open up a way for users to build functional objects. I'd be willing to learn another programming language just to be able to make these.

Comment

Working...
                  X