X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-more Hoses Column Alignment in Numeric Displays

C-more Hoses Column Alignment in Numeric Displays
    But the C-more Micro works perfectly.

With or without use of the "Use Tag for Decimal Point" option, every non-numeric character shifts all the characters 1/2 character width to the right. This is with fixed width fonts, even Classic.

If I have two Numeric displays configured the same and aligned, but one contains only "0" and the other contains "-1,234,567.8", the zero will be in line with the seven. But if positive, it will be in between the seven and decimal point.

This really hoses a data table layout that can have varying formats dynamically. I see this all the way back to v2.78 (as far as I looked). As I said, the C-more Micro doesn't do this. The Micro has the right digit hard against the frame (which is not really cool either) while the EA9 leaves a big gap to to the right that it "consumes" as these extra characters get added.

The leading spaces don't maintain the alignment. Leading zeros don't either.

Regardless, it's ugly and distracting to see digits dancing sideways as a number goes positive and negative. These decimal place shifts look unprofessional and yet I can do nothing about it. The numeric format is dictated by a separate device whose programming parameters I am reading and displaying and the decimal position is indeed not static.

Anyone got a solution that doesn't involve strings from the PLC or stacked displays and visibility?

Make each digit a separate display and calculate the value for that digit in an expression (don't even know if C-More supports expressions, I don't use it)

[runs away ducking incoming tomatoes]

Comment

I couldn't find a tomato character, so I tried a pepper instead from webdings.

This is pretty interesting. If I make the suffix a pepper, set for 5 total digits, and adjust the Numeric Display width just right with a 72 pt font size, I can get the pepper and the other digits to stay aligned. Commas, decimal (from tag) and negative numbers stay aligned. If the Numeric Display width is not just right they move.

However, webdings are a bit hard to decipher into a number, even if you are a pepper. And no, it didn't work when set to Classic font.

Comment

I think it is the comma causing the problem. I did not see this issue until I turned on the comma separator. Looks like no matter what it takes up a 1/2 space with any font. If I have a number with two commas then it is off 1 full space. This is with Classic Font.

Comment

Originally posted by BobT65 View Post
          I think it is the comma causing the problem. I did not see this issue until I turned on the comma separator. Looks like no matter what it takes up a 1/2 space with any font. If I have a number with two commas then it is off 1 full space. This is with Classic Font.
          It's any non- 0-9 character and they each get their own 1/2 space. It's no less frustrating, but at least I know it's not me causing it.

If you know one display will have a decimal and another won't, you can add a digit to the non-decimal display to get the columns to at least match on the right. Negative/positive swaps, nuh-uh.

Comment

Working...
          X