Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ControlsGuy
    replied
    You can do this pretty directly in an Idec screen, which are very nice looking BTW. Excellent saturation, resolution and brightness. Each numeric entry/display has a base/actual address and can additionally have an offset index, which can be either a local register in the screen or a PLC register. Then to "change pages", you just manipulate the index register. Works slick. I've done this with many many Do-More's using Modbus/TCP as the protocol.

Leave a comment:

• franji1
    replied
    Originally posted by llama View Post
    I don't have the hardware up and running yet to test.
    You could try using Do-more Simulator for that bit of logic. Use the PC's IP Address for your C-more driver. Not sure if you need your entire program/configuration in the Simulator in order for your C-more to work properly.

Definitely make copies of the original program and C-more projects and use THOSE COPIES so that you don't mess up your "real" C-more and Do-more projects

Leave a comment:

• llama
    replied
    The attached is what I came up with. This takes the step # from the HMI (V2) and multiplies by 10 to create an offset (V3). This offset is used to move the data from that step (D10-19, D20-29, etc.) . to the common area D1010-1019.
    The data in the common area is moved back to the step location any time a new value is entered into the HMI. If my assumptions about the Delta contact are correct I think this should work.
    Anybody see any flaws in this plan? I don't have the hardware up and running yet to test.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    I use the same screen, just populate with the abstracted (common area) data.
    only one screen to build. No faffing about with screen numbers for the maths

Leave a comment:

• commander
    replied
    I just set up screens similar to this. I used the screen number to decide which calculations to run, moving the correct data to the screen that has the same memory addresses. Keep the screen numbers in order, and do a math function to calculate the offset. So if I needed Set 1 to display D10 to D19, I would move them to a common memory location, say D0-D9 and program those to each hmi screen. Then copy each screen until I had enough.

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    Look for a PAC/CMore proof-of-concept project here.
    Granted, it is for a different platform, but the concepts are translatable.
    I refer to the 'common-area' as ABSTRACTED.
    I refer to pending changes as DIRTY.

Leave a comment:

• llama
    replied
    Originally posted by bcarlton View Post
    Establish a common area in thee Do-more. Let the C-more read/write to that area. Also let the C-more write to an offset index. On completing entering a group of data provide a 'Done' or 'Enter' button. In thee Do-more use the 'Done' action to move the contents of the common area into the data table offset location. You can decide if the operator triggers the next set or let it be automatic after writing the first set. There would only be one screen. It is only showing a common area. The internals of the Do-more program handles moving the data.

Yo may also wish to investigate the use of recipes in the C-more.
    Thanks Bernie. Your reply got me thinking.
    I like the idea of a common area and having the C-More write to that. I was already thinking on these lines, but I wasn't sure how to move the data around.
    Instead of a Done button, what about using a Delta Contact to monitor changes in the data and move the block of data whenever a value in the C-More is changed? I am not too familiar with the Delta contact, but from what I have read this appears like it could be an option. I could move the block from its indexed location to the common area at the top of the scan (I could even limit this to only when the index changes using another Delta) and move it back only after one of the values has changed.

Leave a comment:

• bcarlton
    replied
    Establish a common area in thee Do-more. Let the C-more read/write to that area. Also let the C-more write to an offset index. On completing entering a group of data provide a 'Done' or 'Enter' button. In thee Do-more use the 'Done' action to move the contents of the common area into the data table offset location. You can decide if the operator triggers the next set or let it be automatic after writing the first set. There would only be one screen. It is only showing a common area. The internals of the Do-more program handles moving the data.

Yo may also wish to investigate the use of recipes in the C-more.

Leave a comment:

• llama
    replied
    Franji - I did already try array indexing and I could not get it to work, apparently because it is not supported as Do-More PE stated.

I am really hoping someone on here can get me pointed in the right direction to simplify my project.
    If I have to create 100 screens to do what I want, that would probably push me towards using a different panel.

Leave a comment:

• Do-more PE
    replied
    C-more does not support array indexing unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• franji1
    replied
    If the panel does not support that natively, the Do-more protocol does.

Does C-more's basic Do-more driver or Symbolic Do-more driver support Do-more arrays, e.g. D[V100], or even better, arrays with offsets, D[V100+1] D[V100+2] D[V100+9]?

You would just need to set V100 equal to your D address ID (e.g. 10 decimal or 20 decimal)

Leave a comment:

• llama
    started a topic C-More - one screen for many different sets of data

C-More - one screen for many different sets of data

I am trying to program a C-More to enter many different sets of data into a BRX PLC. The registers in the PLC are all in even spaced blocks. For instance, set 1 would be D10-D19. Set 2 would be D20-D29. There is a value at the top of the screen that can be changed to show which set of data I am looking to view or change. I will have up to 100 different sets of data.
    I am having trouble finding a way to do this in the C-More.

I have seen this done on Mitsubishi HMI's with an offset value that can be changed and all displays on the screen reference that offset value.
    Is there a similar way to do this on the C-More or another way to accomplish this?
Working...
X