C-More Modbus TCP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-More Modbus TCP

I am trying to connect a C-More screen to a Micro850 PLC using Modbus TCP/IP via a crossover cable.

I can get it to connect and transfer data if I allow the Micro800 to obtain the IP automatically using DHCP and then copy that IP Address over to the C-More. It shares all data just fine, no issues. However if I try to use a static IP I can't get either to communicate.

I've followed the AutomationDirect bulletin, at http://support.automationdirect.com/docs/an-ea-015.pdf. I know it can function, I just think I'm missing something with the addressing.

My setups follow :
    Micro850 Screen : http://i.imgur.com/pJaRV6G.png

C-More Screen : http://i.imgur.com/FdBzOPK.png

Could anyone provide an IP and an explanation for me to try out?

What is the IP address that you have setup for the Cmore panel itself? 192.168.0.?

You can set this up in the project (touch panel network) or via the panel directly.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I am using the same address, 192.168.0.1.

It seemed a bit odd to use the same IP, but that's what the Technical Bulletin stated.

Comment

you can't have the IP of the HMI & the IP of the Micro the same....

each device on your network needs it's own IP address

Comment

I thought the same thing, however in the AutomationDirect bulletin for setting this up they state to use the same IP. Unless I'm missing something, but the examples given show the same IP.

Code:
          For Ethernet:
          In C-more Panel Manager, choose the “Modicon
          Modbus TCP/IP Ethernet” option. Enter in the
          IP address of the AB Micro 800 PLC that can
          be found in the same area as the Modbus RTU
          serial port setup

Comment

>they state to use the same IP

yes, for communicating. But the actual IP of the HMI, this setting is done under Touch Panel Network. What do you have there?

Comment

What that statement is saying is in Panel manager the IP address needs the same IP address as it is setup in you PLC. The actual panel IP address is it's own separate IP address. Just change you panel IP address to 192.168.0.2 and all should work.
              If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by scott.lawrence View Post
                >they state to use the same IP

yes, for communicating. But the actual IP of the HMI, this setting is done under Touch Panel Network. What do you have there?
                Ahh, I just noticed the Touch Panel Network. At the moment it is empty.

Would I have the Touch Panel Network IP = Micro850 IP?

Comment

Panel Manager= Micro850 192.168.0.1
                  Touch panel network= Cmore 192.168.0.2

If needed, give our tech support a call, they will get you up going quickly.

Comment

Edit : Thank you both! The help is greatly appreciated!

Got it, my values that worked are :

Micro850
                    IP : 192.168.0.2
                    Subnet : 255.255.0.0

Panel Manager
                    IP : 198.168.0.2

Touch Panel Network
                    Ethernet Port Tab IP : 198.168.0.1
                    Subnet : 255.255.0.0

Comment

Working...
                    X