EA3-T6CL Need help I`m lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA3-T6CL Need help I`m lost

OK I have p2-550 cpu and ea3-t6cl HMI I don`t understand how to use the tags from program to display message on hmi screen. Examle I have a tag in the plc program which is ( ready for add tank 1) that is a tag in p2-550 what is the address the c-more is looking for? When that tag is set to 1 in program I want it to display the message on HMI ready for add tank 1. I`m having issues with the addressing scheme I`m thinking. But how to set up the proper address in the c more software. It ask for tag address but as far as I see it doesn`t have an address it has a system id of c-000018 no address. Hope this makes sense to someone that will help me out. Thanks in advance

It comes to ask tag name then data type,memory type,then address I have no clue.

Comment

You can either:
      1) import the P2-550 project tagname database CSV file with FILE>IMPORT>TAG_NAME_DATABASE and choose the BASIC projectname.csv file to import the cmicro then use the drop down to choose the tag
      2) Click on the "..." button and add a tag. choose the device you set up for communication, name it, if your tag is a system ID of C00018 choose Data Type of Discrete, Memory Type of C, and address of 18.

Comment

For first time users I always recommend exporting your tag database in Productivity software, then importing the tag database in CMore software. This gets all your tags in but also brings a lot of "junk" because it is every tag in the entire program.
        Once you get a handle on how things work, then you can start only adding the tags you want to use in the HMI by specifying the addresses of tags manually. This keeps memory usage down and doesnt bloat up your tag dropdown list with a few hundred unnecessary system tags.

Comment

OK I imported tags opened c more went to look up text created then ask tag name I choose ready for add tank 1 then ok pops up box asking device name dev001 or internal neither lets me do descrete or do I in the address box anything I recognize

Comment

You did not say "Lookup Text object" the tagname in that object cannot be a discrete. The tag in that object is normally an integer data type. The value of the integer data type tagname used tells which message to display from the Message database you create by clicking on the "Message Database" button right below that. So if you have a value of 5 in the integer tagname specified it will display message 5 from the "Message Database"

If you want to trigger a message using a discrete tag you will have to use a copy instruction in the plc ladder to copy a value into and integer tag that is associated with a message number in the "Message Database".
            Last edited by techme; 12-13-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

ERROR 499 0002 OK Im going back and start over lost worse than ever. lol. But it aint funny

Comment

Maybe you should start with what you are trying to do. Are you trying to

1) Display a static text message that is the same all the time and just make it visible when a bit is true in the cmicro?
                2) Display dynamic text that is in a string tag in the plc?
                3) Display text from the Message Database from within the CMicro?

If you are getting a 499 error it means you are trying to read a system ID that is not in teh plc. Did you use one of the tags from the imported tag database?
                Last edited by techme; 12-13-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Or maybe check out a video:

Lookup Text:

https://www.automationdirect.com/vid...vXhlrE&cat1=12

Comment

OK I finally got it. It wont let you create the tags in c more if they are not in the productivity before hand. I had the cart before the horse. Thanks now moving to PID lol

Comment

Working...
                    X