EA3-T4CL Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA3-T4CL Off?

I'm using the EA3-T4CL for the first time and do not see an option to turn the screen of after ____ seconds. What am I missing or is that option not available? This could be ON for days at a time without use.

This is a guess but the need for back light dimming or turn off to preserve the lifetime of incandescent bulbs is now pretty much gone with LED back lighting. The effective lifetime of the LEDs being on continuously is pretty much the same as that of the entire display itself. Or it may be that I just haven't used these enough to worry about finding this setting.
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

OK, I jumped the gun. Look under 'Setup' 'PLC <-> Panel' 'PLC to Panel' Enter a start address in the PLC. The 3rd word (Start address + 2W) controls the backilight with '7' being OFF. Set up a timer as needed within the PLC to control this. Reset the timer whenever a screen changes (see setup of 'Panel to PLC) or a key is pressed.) On timeout change the code to '7'.

In other words it woon't be an automatic OFF controlled by the display. Reserve one of the Function Keys as an 'awake' key. Train your personnel to hit that first if the screen is OFF.
      thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X