Can Range Values for a Numeric Entry be filled by PLC Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Range Values for a Numeric Entry be filled by PLC Tags

I have a application where depending on the units setting in the PLC, the range of a setpoint entry will change, depending on the units selected. I have a C-More EA9-T7CL-R HMI. Can the range values be populated either by code in the HMI or from Tags read from the PLC? Specifically, change the range that is used in the key pad of the HMI.
    I have available Range Tags (Floats) and Unit Selected Tag (Boolean).

There may be an easier method, but this could be achieved with two numeric entry controls on top of each other with an object visibility option tag from the PLC.
    Have each screen control set to the range required and choose between the two.

Comment

I have considered this as a fall back option. However I am building an application (PLC code and HMI) that will be used in different models of a device. Each model has different operating parameters. Therefore I was looking for a solution where the during setup of the device the parameters are entered and stored in the PLC through the HMI and the HMI would use these parameters. This way I would not have to have multiple copies of code to manage.

Comment

use the notification and handshake tags to validate the entry against stored range tags (min and max) before copying it into your working set.

Comment

You could build your own keypad and incorporate two numeric displays that change based on what entry you've selected...

Comment

I had to do something similar. Instead of using the range in the HMI I did it in the PLC using compare. For example if the range was 1-10 and the operator entered 11, a message popped up saying it was too high. My ranges depended on the product selected from the HMI. I ran several products from the same machine which required different ranges. I used the handshaking to do this also.
            Depending on the product, different V-memories were loaded along with different ranges. Took a little bit of coding but with the D0-More it was less complex then doing it in DL.

Comment

Working...
            X