EA9 programming software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA9 programming software

Hi, I have done a fair amount of work on an HMI application program using the demo software. If I upgrade to the paid version, how can I ensure my work so far will not be lost?
    Also, is there any other way to have the HMI change to a different chosen screen based on an integer value in the PLC other than setting this up in Event manager?

Hi, I have done a fair amount of work on an HMI application program using the demo software. If I upgrade to the paid version, how can I ensure my work so far will not be lost?
    As far as I know,the DEMO and the PAID version are the SAME, just the KEYCODE removes the limitations.
    And you can always make a backup file.

Also, is there any other way to have the HMI change to a different chosen screen based on an integer value in the PLC other than setting this up in Event manager?
    Yes, look in Setup PLC<->Panel... and the PLC to Panel tab.
    Make a PLC Tag that you wish to use to control the goto screen and then bind that PLC Tag to the HMI Tag you use in the 'Switch to Screen Number (Word): entry.

[EDIT] Follow the link below for an answer to a question that I think that you may be asking in the near future:
    https://forum.automationdirect.com/f...5499#post75499

Last edited by kewakl; 01-30-2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

The demo version does not allow backups. It allows you to export a few databases and screen images but what about the code that has been created that actually connects everything together.
      I cannot see anything in the demo software that allows you to enter the keycode. I will probably be buying the software and a 7 inch unit next week anyway so this is not a huge deal.
      Regarding the built-in screen saver, I saw in an older post that it's just a blank screen..is this true? Then how does the operator know a screen saver is present as opposed to thinking the unit is dead? Yes in my environment I have to worry about these things with the people that will use this machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidood View Post
        Regarding the built-in screen saver, I saw in an older post that it's just a blank screen..is this true? Then how does the operator know a screen saver is present as opposed to thinking the unit is dead? Yes in my environment I have to worry about these things with the people that will use this machine.
        There's a green light on the face of the unit that's always on.

Comment

Working...
        X