Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tags

I'm working on moving an HMI program from an ea7 panel to an ea9 panel. Basically, I'm just copying the program into the new software and changing a few things here and there. I've ran across a Pushbutton in the old program that has a tag name "MOM/TOG".

It is an internal system tag. The button was used on a 'Manual Control' screen of a Line Feed System that had several pushbuttons controlling various conveyors and gates. It allowed you to switch the operation of all the pushbuttons from MOMENTARY to TOGGLE or vice versa. This screen was mainly used for testing purposes.

This tag is no where to be found on the new C-more 6.42 software.

Any ideas where it is or why it was done away with? Or what other options there are to making this operation possible?

Is it even possible to do this in a PLC program? Any help would be appreciated!

Are you sure you are using an AutomationDirect EA7 panel? I have been using them a long time and have never seen a System Tag that changes a pushbutton from momentary to toggle. What is the part number?

Comment

The tag may have been used as a visibility trigger for two separate groups of buttons.
      thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

HA! Well I saw the first reply from BobT65 and went back to my program to see what I could figure out. I found what I needed and returned to this forum only to see the reply from bcarlton stating exactly what I found.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

We used the same type of feature for selectable Fahrenheit/Celsius and cm/inch displays.
          thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Working...
          X