how to replace messages in default keypad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to replace messages in default keypad

I am trying to modify the keypad for my numeric entries. I am using handshaking between the c-more and the plc to verify if I enter the correct number range. Now when I enter a number out of range the keypad tell me it is handshaking and when the handshaking is done it tells me 'time out' if the number is too high for example. I want to change this 'time out' to some other message. I cannot find out where is this 'time out' message is embedded so I can change it.

Does anybody have any idea where is this done. There is a text box but it is blank but yet it gives me this 'time out' message. It is not a group also from what I see.

It sounds like that message is part of the communications driver. The keyboard may just be displaying whatever is returned. Maybe dig in to why you are receiving the message.
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Thank you for your response Bcarlton. The keypad works like I really want it to work but I am just looking for away to change the feedback message to the operator. I am attaching a few images to show how my system is programmed. For a tag we can program limits but the problem is that these limits cannot be tag based and for the function that I would like I need a tag based limit so I done this using the handshaking between the PLC and the C-More. It all works fine but if the C-More does not get my C106 contact feedback it gives the message 'TIME OUT'. I would like to change this to say for example 'Value above set Limit'. There must be some way to do so.
      Attached Files

Comment

The notification/handshake pair are usually used to indicate that the value was received, not that it is within bounds. Try placing a frame around the numeric entry object. If the value entered is out of range set the frame to flashing for a couple of seconds then reset the value to either a previous in bounds value or a default one. Possibly near the entry place dual readouts of tags containing the upper and lower bounds. Maybe flash the bound which was violated by the entry. I don't have the software but from memory I believe these modifications are possible.
        thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Thank you Bernie for your input. I was not familiar with the option to modify a keypad input. I found how to do this therefore I will work on making my keypad entry to operate the way I would like for my system. The messages that I get cannot be eliminated but I am pretty sure I can mask them out.

Comment

Some the actions I mentioned, like comparison with bounds and fixing the input value would have to be done within the plc program. So I envision this: in the plc establish the bounds and store these in registers. Let the hmi display these in separate objects near the entry object. Compare the entry with the bounds set bits indicating which bound is violated and start a timer (a couple of seconds). During this time the hmi can emphasize which bound is violated. At the end of the time the plc can restore the input to the previous valid input or to some other conforming value as appropriate. This would stop the 'out of bounds' determination. The operator would then have the opportunity to enter a proper value.
            thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Working...
            X