C-More update Project via Remote access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-More update Project via Remote access

I have various C-Mores on different sites.

Is there a way to do Remote Project updates (i.e. Send a Project) ?

When you "Send a Project", what Port # is used?

I worked out the answer myself...
    1. (a) Go into Remote Router Admin Page and add Port Forwarding for the Local C-More i.e. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999 (Port 9999 will be the Project Transfer Port)
    2. Now to the C-More Changes: Project Transfer -> Select Ethernet ->Browse
    3. (A) Remote Link List Tab (b) Add a new entry
    4. On the New Entry page (a) Add new HMI Name (b) add the Remote IP address of Router ***Note the Port Number** (usually 9999)
    Now you can Transfer a project across the world to a C-More without leaving your desk.

Comment

With great power comes great responsibility.
      All caveats *(express and implied)* apply when exposing equipment to the internet.

Comment

How are making your remote connection? I am looking at how to do this. I did not invest any time yet but it is really something I will need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by terry_howsham View Post
          I worked out the answer myself...
          1. (a) Go into Remote Router Admin Page and add Port Forwarding for the Local C-More i.e. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999 (Port 9999 will be the Project Transfer Port)
          2. Now to the C-More Changes: Project Transfer -> Select Ethernet ->Browse
          3. (A) Remote Link List Tab (b) Add a new entry
          4. On the New Entry page (a) Add new HMI Name (b) add the Remote IP address of Router ***Note the Port Number** (usually 9999)
          Now you can Transfer a project across the world to a C-More without leaving your desk.
          Did you set xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999 to customer's internal LAN IP address format?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't C-more traffic unencrypted? Wouldn't directly connecting to a panel over the internet (by port forwarding) be a massive security risk?

For our remote locations, we have VPN TAP servers set up. While the process in the previous post will technically work, I'm not sure I would be comfortable with it.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFacs View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't C-more traffic unencrypted? Wouldn't directly connecting to a panel over the internet (by port forwarding) be a massive security risk?
              As far as I have seen, yes. Some of the drivers may be unintelligible to the naked eye, but I don't think encrypted.

Comment

Working...
              X