Import tags from DMD 2.5 to EA9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import tags from DMD 2.5 to EA9

I'm trying to import a tag file exported from DMD 2.5, and getting this error:

The first cell of the exported file is DM_EXPORT_VERSION 2, so I'm not sure where the mismatch is.
    Attached Files

Can you post your tag export?
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Yes, attached. I'm just importing a subset of the tags, I've deleted the nicknames that I don't want to import.
      Attached Files

Comment

It is unhappy with something that happened when you deleted the extra nicknames. I see that the #END is missing from the last table, but restoring that still doesn't fix the file.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

It also has a bunch of extra commas, where it was edited in EXCEL. It could be that the C-more doesn't like those extra commas.

Try exporting it again from Designer, but do not edit it with Excel, use your favorite text editor. To do that, right click on the file and say Open With Notepad or whatever.
          There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Or save it as a .TXT file from Designer, or rename the .CSV file to .TXT in Windows Explorer.
            There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

*facepalm* I forgot that Excel would mask the commas. Thanks for reminding me!
              Last edited by TheGreatMarklar; 04-12-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X