Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX3i and EA9

Greetings fellow travelers,

I'm fairly well versed in using the 05/06 platforms with the C-More Micro panels (because it's so simple I didn't even need a manual,) however, I desperately want to use an EA9 and marry it to an RX3i. I tried using their not very aptly named "Quickpanel" and I frankly don't have the time to quit my job and learn how to use it.

Is there a "how to use the EA9 with the RX3i for dummies" manual or procedure list? The only mentions in this forum are from 2014 and recommend Modbus. I have someone that has the PLC application completely worked out (I have the same application done in DirectSoft) and presently uses a "Total Control" panel. I'd like to be the HMI guy for this project because not only will I sell the conversion kit, I need it for my building as well which means I can make changes without a lot of begging and pleading.

Thank you in advance for access to your brain power,

Steve Jamison
    NJIC
    S. Jamison
    NJ Industrial Controls

If you are using Ethernet, the software help file has about everything you need in it. Topics CM357, CM152 and CM153
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I believe that is possible, the RX3i has about every connection known to man on it. Thank you for the input.

If I go serial, do you have resources for that?
      S. Jamison
      NJ Industrial Controls

Comment

I don't think EA9 can connect to it with serial, but I could be wrong.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I'll have to hire some expertise. I have a memory map and I know intimately what each item does, I'm just not sure at this point how to insure if I toggle a bit or write a number with a pop-up keypad, what all the settings at both sides have to be. I've been using the C-More micro panels for a few years and they make me look like a genius. Almost as if I know what I'm doing.
          S. Jamison
          NJ Industrial Controls

Comment

i have EA-9s working with GE RX7i PLCs over Ethernet with the GE Ethernet SRTP (90/30 Rx3i) protocol selected in ethernet port on the panel manager page. i don't recall having any issues setting it up. Everything on the EA9 side was intuitive.

Comment

Many thanks, I'm just laying out screens at the moment. I'm converting (screen by screen re-creation) a GP Pro Win file for a Total Control panel and there are two issues I'm bumping into . . .

The *.prw file seems to address an "M" register (bit?) to pull up 8 different messages, which makes zero sense to me . . .

and the Total Control panel apparently will do on-board scaling of a register, taking say -30 to 32767 and calling it -5 to 500.0 (or something like that.)

I can do some math in the ladder and park a signed decimal in there, but I wasn't able to yet find something on the screen to enable such math in the panel.

Thanks again for the confidence arrow on the comm's.

Steve
              S. Jamison
              NJ Industrial Controls

Comment

i am not sure what platforms you are familiar with but in GE %M are single bits and %R are if i remember correctly are 16 bit registers

in the EA9 scaling is done in the displayed object. if you have the EA9 help file handy do a search for scale it will come right up.
                Last edited by z28z34man; 04-24-2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

>> "displaced object"

perfect. Apparently I don't have the vocabulary to do this. :-)

>>but in GE %M are single bit

I was aware of that, that's why I'm confused by the "M0607" being in the box used to pick out one of eight messages.

Many thanks,

S
                  S. Jamison
                  NJ Industrial Controls

Comment

Sorry for the typo. I meant displayed.

I would need to see the program
                    I have proface GP-Pro EX version 2.6, 3.1, and version 3.6. i am assuming you meant GP-Pro EX, there is also a WinGP but i am not familiar with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X