Home well HMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home well HMI

i have a GS3 VFD, a CLICK, and an EA9 HMI all set up to monitor my home well. All Ethernet capable.

I also you it as a test stand for various small project I get involved in.

The CLICK does not read directly from the VFD, at least not the way I have figured it out, but I can read the info on the HMI using an integer feedback from the VFD. I use a math action then send that to a DS file on the CLICK. That works but I can’t get it to update regularly.

The CLICK and the HMI have no control function. Only monitor the VFD.

Sugestions?

One solution if the Click has the three terminal RS-485 port is to use modbus communications directly with the GS3 to read the information required.

How does the HMI get the data from the GS3?

Comment

Originally posted by RogerR View Post
      One solution if the Click has the three terminal RS-485 port is to use modbus communications directly with the GS3 to read the information required.

How does the HMI get the data from the GS3?
      The HMI gets the data from the GS3 via the local network. They are all connected to a local switch.

Comment

If they are all connected by ethernet, the Click may be able to directly read the GS3 info with modbus tcp.
        The mach operation may need to be addressed in the Click.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerR View Post
          If they are all connected by ethernet, the Click may be able to directly read the GS3 info with modbus tcp.
          The mach operation may need to be addressed in the Click.
          I was hoping not to have the CLICK involved directly with well VFD control, but you may be correct.

Comment

This program is very basic, but this should get you started on how to operate the drive via modbus on the Click.
            Attached Files
            Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Thanks, I’ll look it over tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X