No RX data type listed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No RX data type listed?

In my plc I have an analog input card ... WX0 data bit.

I scaled it and that gives me a RX0 bit

I tried to configure an indicator to display the value in RX0 ... the help function says it should be there.

I got the "floating pt 32" ... but then no RX option, just an R option.

I found a work around ... just did a move in the PLC ... RX0 into R0 ... then had the c-more display R0

I just don't know what I am doing wrong .... why can't I display RX0 directly in the c-more

Thanks .... Mike

You need to be using the Do-more Symbolic driver in C-more. the other Do-more driver does not support RX registers.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

The RX register does show up in the D-more. Under configuration for the analog input card, I choose scaling. It automatically converted the WX value to a scaled RX value.

I now want to display the RX value on the C-more.

i went through the help functions ... Choose "Numeric Display" ... choose "floating PT 32" ... then the problem (maybe)

The help says I can choose "float" or "float_R" ... I only get the float option.

Then when I go to assign the tag, I only get an "R" option under memory type ... not "RX"

Why ????

Thanks .... Mike

Comment

Originally posted by xtal_01 View Post
        The RX register does show up in the D-more. Under configuration for the analog input card, I choose scaling. It automatically converted the WX value to a scaled RX value.

I now want to display the RX value on the C-more.

i went through the help functions ... Choose "Numeric Display" ... choose "floating PT 32" ... then the problem (maybe)

The help says I can choose "float" or "float_R" ... I only get the float option.

Then when I go to assign the tag, I only get an "R" option under memory type ... not "RX"

Why ????

Thanks .... Mike
        That's what PE was explaining...You need to change C-more to use the Do-more Symbolic driver. The driver you are using doesn't support RX and RY data types.

Comment

Sorry .. got it!

I just went through the help functions and the panel set up screens ... I don't see where you can change this ... where is the "switch / setting" located?

*** this may explain a problem I have .... the tech guys stayed on the phone with me for about 30 min trying to get the tags from the d-more to import into the c-more. Finally they gave up and said I must have a corrupt installation. I tried to re-install ... same problem. I am guessing with the wrong driver it just did not recognize the do-more tags.

Just double checked before posting this ... I see the tag Name Database Specification in the help files ... and I see the Do-more listed under Protocol ID ... Still don't know it this is what I should be looking at and if it is how to use it.

Sorry ... dumb as dirt when it comes to this ... but trying to learn!

Thanks .... Mike

Comment

Setup ---> Panel Manager ---> click on DEV001 ---> look through drop down under PLC Protocol:
            Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Hmmmm ... OK, didn't even thing to look there (dumb dumb dumb) ... I "think" I had it set to this way back when. It would not talk to the Do-more so I know the guys had me change it to "AutomationDirect Do-more Ethernet (built-in memory only)".

I will change it right now and see how I make out.

Thanks so much !

Mike

Comment

Help!

OK ... change from "AutomationDirect Do-more Ethernet (built-in memory only)" to "AutomationDirect Do-more Ethernet symbolic addressing (fulf memory)"

It stopped communicating with the PLC (think this is what it did to me last week and the tech guys said I had it wrong).

So I put it back on "AutomationDirect Do-more Ethernet (built-in memory only)" .. event took a screen shot to make sure I put could put back in the correct IP ... still not working !!!!!!!

What did I do ... how do I get them talking again?

Mike

Comment

What firmware version is your PLC?

Comment

Hmmmm ... I just got the plc two weeks ago ....

I am not sure how to check but I went to Firmware Update ... Says OS in PLC is 2.5.2 ... newest on your computer 2.6.1*

Then it says ... Booter in you PLC 1:0:5 ... Newest booter on you computer 1.0.6*

I have not yet hit "check fo New Firmware" ...

What do I do ?

Mike

*** just a side note ... I think when I had this problem during the week, the tech guys just had me start a new project ... easy then since I only had a few things in the panel screen.

Comment

I did just hit the "check for newest firmware button" .... goes to a new screen ... "no new files were downloaded"

Mike

Comment

Version is fine. Just wanted to make sure you weren't running something that didn't support the symbolic driver.

Comment

I am just completely at a loss as to why if I switch back the protocol, I still can't communicate!

The PLC and C-more had stopped talking to each other and I just don't understand why.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by xtal_01 View Post
                            I am just completely at a loss as to why if I switch back the protocol, I still can't communicate!

The PLC and C-more had stopped talking to each other and I just don't understand why.

Mike
                            I'm sorry, I can't help. I'm pretty good in the PLC side, but don't know much about C-more.

Comment

Maybe someone else will chime in ... or I will call Automation Direct on Monday and see what is going on.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X