Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C-more Roundabout way to limit log file duration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-more Roundabout way to limit log file duration?

Earlier this year I implemented USB event logging with the Alarm List object and also data logging with the Line Trend Graph. This was for forensic investigation into mishaps and the involved operator actions and power blips. Last night it finally happened. A whole shift worth of downtime most likely due to operator simply not operating. In response, I pull the thumb drive and find that it filled up and stopped logging alarms and trend data last month. So I go to change the "keep" duration for alarms and data in the settings, and I find that no such option exists for the data log, and for the alarm log someone thought about including that feature and dropped a little graphical teaser, but no actual function.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_4206.png
Views:	112
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	124281Click image for larger version

Name:	image_4207.png
Views:	50
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	124282

I know this isn't a feature request forum, so I'm requesting from fellow programmers any clever tricks to delete the log files when they reach about 1 month of age. Anyone done that?

Originally posted by strantor View Post
    I know this isn't a feature request forum, ...
    That has not stopped us yet!

Comment

If I remember correctly the c more can email with attachments. You could email the log every day then delete it.

Comment

Working...
      X