No announcement yet.

Cmore to BRX plc protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

255.255.255.0 I am using Automation Direct Do-More Ethernet (build in memory only). I don't know what you mean by the "Driver"

Comment

First thought is that you have an address conflict with the PLC. I try to avoid using the last digit as ".1". Almost all routers use this address as the default. I'd pick something else and see if that helps.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by bdarden View Post
        255.255.255.0 I am using Automation Direct Do-More Ethernet (build in memory only). I don't know what you mean by the "Driver"
        The Do-more Ethernet (built-in memory only) is the communications "driver".

I think C-more uses the term "device"? You could set up different devices (PLCs or drives) with different (or identical) communication drivers (e.g. 1 C-more talking to 3 different Do-more PLCs which is 3 devices using the same driver; or 1 C-more talking to a Do-more, a Click, and a P2K, 3 devices but 3 different drivers).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

I want to thank the forum for addressing the Ethernet issues. At the end of the day, my mistake was that I had programmed all of my screen objects to <internal> instead of DEV001.

Comment

Originally posted by bdarden View Post
            I want to thank the forum for addressing the Ethernet issues. At the end of the day, my mistake was that I had programmed all of my screen objects to internal instead of DEV001.

Not the first time, or the last time, this happens. Glad you figured it out!

I would still heed Do-more PE's advice

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
            First thought is that you have an address conflict with the PLC. I try to avoid using the last digit as ".1". Almost all routers use this address as the default. I'd pick something else and see if that helps.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Working...
            X