X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• franji1
    replied
    Originally posted by bdarden View Post
    I want to thank the forum for addressing the Ethernet issues. At the end of the day, my mistake was that I had programmed all of my screen objects to internal instead of DEV001.

Not the first time, or the last time, this happens. Glad you figured it out!

I would still heed Do-more PE's advice

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
    First thought is that you have an address conflict with the PLC. I try to avoid using the last digit as ".1". Almost all routers use this address as the default. I'd pick something else and see if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• bdarden
    replied
    I want to thank the forum for addressing the Ethernet issues. At the end of the day, my mistake was that I had programmed all of my screen objects to <internal> instead of DEV001.

Leave a comment:

• franji1
    replied
    255.255.255.0 I am using Automation Direct Do-More Ethernet (build in memory only). I don't know what you mean by the "Driver"
    The Do-more Ethernet (built-in memory only) is the communications "driver".

I think C-more uses the term "device"? You could set up different devices (PLCs or drives) with different (or identical) communication drivers (e.g. 1 C-more talking to 3 different Do-more PLCs which is 3 devices using the same driver; or 1 C-more talking to a Do-more, a Click, and a P2K, 3 devices but 3 different drivers).

Leave a comment:

• Do-more PE
    replied
    First thought is that you have an address conflict with the PLC. I try to avoid using the last digit as ".1". Almost all routers use this address as the default. I'd pick something else and see if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• bdarden
    replied
    255.255.255.0 I am using Automation Direct Do-More Ethernet (build in memory only). I don't know what you mean by the "Driver"

Leave a comment:

• franji1
    replied
    I have essentially the same problem, with no positive results. I have an EA9-T7CL-R HMI that I need to connect to a BRX-DM1E-36ER3-D PLC using a ethernet connection.
    I have programmed both devices using USB.
    Screen is 192.168.10.11
    PLC is 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0
    I have tried direct RJ45 connection and also using a switch.
    Using Domore 2.6 with updated firmware in the PLC.
    I am at a complete loss. I have viewed all of the videos and followed the steps above religiously. Any ideas?
    What is the Subnet of the C-more? (you mentioned the PLC's subnet)

Which driver are you using for the C-more device?

Leave a comment:

• bdarden
    replied
    I have essentially the same problem, with no positive results. I have an EA9-T7CL-R HMI that I need to connect to a BRX-DM1E-36ER3-D PLC using a ethernet connection.
    I have programmed both devices using USB.
    Screen is 192.168.10.11
    PLC is 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0
    I have tried direct RJ45 connection and also using a switch.
    Using Domore 2.6 with updated firmware in the PLC.
    I am at a complete loss. I have viewed all of the videos and followed the steps above religiously. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• jroad19
    replied
    Working now. Results are, the cable does not need to be a crossover. The protocol needs to be Domore ethernet internal memory. As CAP mentioned the IP addressing needs to be different. The protocol selection was my problem. Thanks to everyone for all the input. Hope it can help someone else also.

Leave a comment:

• LesKlar
    replied
    I think a direct Ethernet connection you need to use a crossover cable. At least on the Productivity series controllers to Cmore you do.

Leave a comment:

• franji1
    replied
    In some ways that is better (i.e. fully isolated). So you probably will NOT have a switch, and you will ever need to connect your PC via Ethernet to either device (i.e. you will always use USB to connect your PC to the C-more and to the BRX)?

We can define a subnet for the two devices. Definitely watch the first video HMI Eng posted on IP Address Basics and Subnetting

Leave a comment:

• jroad19
    replied
    On the finished project the plc and hmi will only communicate to each other directly through ethernet. No outside networking

Leave a comment:

• franji1
    replied
    Originally posted by jroad19 View Post
    I did no connect to either plc or hmi through ethernet yet. I programmed both from usb. I will try later today and post results. I am not on a company network.
    That works. It's easier to understand/diagnose/fix from the PC with a PC based application.

Is it on a network that has other things on it, like an Ethernet printer or a WiFi or Gateway, so maybe there is an established subnet?

Leave a comment:

• jroad19
    replied
    I did no connect to either plc or hmi through ethernet yet. I programmed both from usb. I will try later today and post results. I am not on a company network.

Leave a comment:

• HMI Eng
    replied
    You may find these videos useful.

Ethernet in C-more and BRX:
    https://www.automationdirect.com/vid...at2=56&cat3=57
    https://www.automationdirect.com/vid...at1=12&cat2=14
    https://www.automationdirect.com/vid...at1=12&cat2=14
    https://www.automationdirect.com/vid...&cat2=2&cat3=3

And this page of videos on BRX
    https://www.automationdirect.com/vid...&cat2=2&cat3=3

Leave a comment:

• franji1
    replied
    Can you communicate to the PLC and to the C-more via Ethernet from your PC? If not, get that working. Use Do-more Designer for the PLC, and the C-more configuration software for the C-more. If you need help with this, tell us your PC's
    1. IP Address
    2. Subnet Mask

Are you on a company network?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X