EA7 , DL06 and OPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA7 , DL06 and OPC

Working on a project where I need to gather data from a DL06 that has a C-More EA7-S6M+08X connected to it via Serial. I've made many attempts to connect with KepDirect, without success. An old, unsupported version of Visual Scope is currently gathering data via the C-More.

I've tried TCP:2101, TCP:10001 and TCP;11110

I've included in my attempts using Serial/IP and using TCP:11110 and TCP:10001

What am I missing in making the connection?

maybe set up the 2nd serial port?

Comment

Originally posted by quaizywabbit View Post
      maybe set up the 2nd serial port?
      that doesn't solve connecting via Ethernet. There are too many of these units to run wire for serial ports.

Comment

Did you upgrade the ea7 firmware to the latest version? I assume you have v 2.78

Comment

Originally posted by quaizywabbit View Post
          Did you upgrade the ea7 firmware to the latest version? I assume you have v 2.78

it has the latest version of Japan based firmware.

Can KepDirect do this?
          What are the steps to make it work? Port identification etc.

Comment

https://ftp.automationdirect.com/pub/cmore_v278sp2.zip

Comment

Thank you for the attempt at help, but I did not see anything in here about Third Party use of the Pass Through functionality.

Have you or anyone else used KepDirect - Or any other OPC Server - in this manner?

Comment

i have not. sometimes things dont work as expected when it has older firmware than the latest. unless the project is protected, that should allow you to connect to the panel and see where everythings set at. it should also allow you to upgrade to the latest and last version of firmware.
                Last edited by quaizywabbit; 10-25-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I can connect to the panel. the HMI has the the latest firmware. There is no changing this firmware as there are additional objects available in it the Japan version that are not available in the US sold version.

Hopefully someone that has connected third party software through pass through will respond.

Comment

you need an expert in KepDirect. though it isnt sold by automation direct anymore. maybe someone can chime in, but id try going on the kepware website and getting ahold of them

Comment

Serial Port pass-thru's tp tcp usually only allow one client at a time.

Comment

I don't really need a KepDirect expert as much as I need a EA7 Pass Through Expert.
                        Last edited by AIoT; 10-30-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

have you tried something like wireshark to see whats being sent back and forth on the network while visual scope is running? i assume you cant access visual scope to see how its configured.

Comment

Currently I am remote. That is one of the things I plan to do on my next visit. i have other things I am looking into. I have the EA& and DL06 here with me. So i may try to find another EA7 configure it to use pass through and see what is happening there with wireshark. I realize that most of this kind of stuff is out of the realm for most AID users; but thought I'd give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                            X