Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passing through from one PLC to another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing through from one PLC to another?

Somehow I thought with all the ports and protocols available that I could pass a word from one PLC through the C-More to another PLC. Coming up dry though. I see nothing in the docs now that would indicate you can actually do this.

I was thinking of creating an <INTERNAL> word and message write from one PLC and message read from the other PLC.

Anyone got a kludge for this? Anyone been there done that?

Details: DL05 serial DirectNet to C-More EA9-T10WCL to Do-More BX-DM1E-x Do-More Ethernet (Built-in Memory only). Wish to pass a word from Do-More to DL05 and vice versa for another word.

Hey.. figured it out. Read a bit in the DoMore to turn on a bit in the DL05 through the C-More.
    C-More Event manager, math,
    Create first math event WRITE_TO_DL05_ON, tag-1 READ_C221_DM, bit state ON, then add action "tag" (erase alarm) WRITE_C771_DL05, write state ON.
    Create second math event event WRITE_TO_DL05_OFF, tag-1 READ_C221_DM, bit state OFF, then add action "tag" (erase alarm) WRITE_C771_DL05, write state OFF.
    Voila!
    Some latency but doesn't matter in this case. Would make sure that the bit has at least a 500ms pulse and perhaps more depending on the data load to the DL05.

Comment

Have you looked at The Event Manager Tag Copy? If you have two Devices, then you can copy from one tag associated with one device to a tag of another device.

Comment

Glad you were able to make a workaround.

While it costs money, the ECOM100 for DL05/DL06 works extremely well for talking to a BRX. You can use built in instructions for read and write to DirectLogic PLCs. If you want to talk between them without copying through an intermediary then this is a very easy and seamless way to do it.

Comment

Thanks for your comments! The DL05 already has an analog side card installed so I couldn't add another unfortunately. I have used the ECOM100 with success in other setups. I also did look at the tag copy. It's kind of the same thing. After trying the tag and then trying the math with equal results I just didn't bother to go back to the tag copy.

Comment

Originally posted by STEM Apps View Post
            After trying the tag and then trying the math with equal results I just didn't bother to go back to the tag copy.
            Equal results, including the latency?

Comment

Yup. Same latency @ 9600 serial plus the other tags overhead. Just remember you need two events. One to send the on bit and one to send the off bit conditions.

Comment

Working...
              X