System tag to log what password is entered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System tag to log what password is entered

Is there a way to log which group name has entered a password on a button? I want to record which operator is logging into the screen from the lock screen I've programmed. Does an internal or system tag exist that changes depending on which password group entered the password on a button?

It would also be great to log a "log out" event; I should be able to log that by using the screen number.

Thanks,

Ryan Poethke

i write login/logout ladder in the plc instead. extra work, but the result works just the way you want, shows screens as you see fit to show them, etc...
    worth it if youre going to get fancy. plus it works with pretty much any hmi with some tweaking. (cmore, cmore-micro)
    Last edited by quaizywabbit; 10-30-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Same here.. To log in, I open a Numeric Entry, that is PLC based.. If the PLC likes the Number, it sets a Tag that allows Buttons to appear.. then sets a timer.. I watch the Screen Bits to see when the Screen is changed.. then I reset the timer again every time the screen is changed.. If after ( about ) 10 minutes the screen has not changed, I log out automatically..

Cap

Comment

how i did mine on a p1000 using a 4inch cmore micro, note im using the text entry to allow any kind of password, just comparing strings

Click image for larger version  Name:	login 1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	61.2 KB ID:	126493Click image for larger version  Name:	login 2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	126492Click image for larger version  Name:	login 3.PNG Views:	0 Size:	48.5 KB ID:	126491
        Last edited by quaizywabbit; 11-11-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X