C-More Sim connect to Do-More Sim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-More Sim connect to Do-More Sim?

I'm trying to figure out if I can connect my C-More SIM to the DO-More SIM PLC but so far have come up empty. Is this even possible? If so, how? Thx!

The Do-more SIM is a virtual PLC and can connect to physical devices, but I think the C-more SIM is just a simulation and can't connect to devices.

Comment

+1 BobO
      The C-More Micro and C-More Programming software packages will not connect to devices.
      Regards,
      Garry

Comment

Was hoping but didn't think so. Should be a feature for the future to connect to real or virtual devices I think. One of the nice things about Factory View that should be a competitive feature in C-More.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post
          The Do-more SIM is a virtual PLC and can connect to physical devices, but I think the C-more SIM is just a simulation and can't connect to devices.
          Sorry to off topic, but that just got me thinking.

Ever thought of releasing a licensed version of "Do-More PC" and some PCI-E IO cards to leverage the additional processing power of modern CPUs? People could choose to run it on as powerful a computer as they need/want and you could have a recommendation that Windows Embedded OS with realtime kernel be used for highest performance.
          Wouldnt need too many expansion cards to make it a viable platform and the software is basically already there. Just need a digital 32 input card, digital 32 output card, RS-485/232 card, and a CTRIO card. Give them all the same 50-pin DD-50 ports and sell cables for each card that goes either to flying leads or a ziplink connector, or in the case of serial card go from the 50-pin to a set of 4 serial port connectors. Instant powerful PLC that you can also run databases and such on directly for interfacing with the PLC portion. You could possibly even take the BRX cards you have now and slap them onto a new form factor, change the data connection and add the necessary PCI-Express stuff, and slap a different output connector on the back. Minimal R&D needed there if the same basic BRX cards are used and attached to the new PCI-E cards.
          Last edited by MikeN; 11-19-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
            Sorry to off topic, but that just got me thinking.

Ever thought of releasing a licensed version of "Do-More PC" and some PCI-E IO cards to leverage the additional processing power of modern CPUs? People could choose to run it on as powerful a computer as they need/want and you could have a recommendation that Windows Embedded OS with realtime kernel be used for highest performance.
            Wouldnt need too many expansion cards to make it a viable platform and the software is basically already there. Just need a digital 32 input card, digital 32 output card, RS-485/232 card, and a CTRIO card. Give them all the same 50-pin DD-50 ports and sell cables for each card that goes either to flying leads or a ziplink connector, or in the case of serial card go from the 50-pin to a set of 4 serial port connectors. Instant powerful PLC that you can also run databases and such on directly for interfacing with the PLC portion. You could possibly even take the BRX cards you have now and slap them onto a new form factor, change the data connection and add the necessary PCI-Express stuff, and slap a different output connector on the back. Minimal R&D needed there if the same basic BRX cards are used and attached to the new PCI-E cards.
            We've considered ideas like that over the years. The biggest concern is more about ADC than development: 1) is it appropriate to their market, 2) can they effectively support it, and 3) do they want it. We (Host and ADC) are definitely going to be digging into an expanded view of what a PLC is, or should be, so I think there is room for concepts like this.

Comment

Was there ever any discussions to make C-More simulation connectable to a real or SIM PLC? Sure would help reduce development time on the C-More. Even more useful would be the option to produce an executable for PCs/MACs and for the C-More mobile app.

Comment

Originally posted by STEM Apps View Post
                ...Even more useful would be the option to produce an executable for PCs/MACs and for the C-More mobile app.
                Executable? do you mean like the .exe that 'can be' downloaded from the physical HMI, or one that 'would be' generated by the software?
                Last edited by kewakl; 11-20-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

One generated from the software was my suggestion. A stand-alone exe. Preferably that didn't need a support library installation. Over the top wish?

Comment

One generated from the software was my suggestion. A stand-alone exe. Preferably that didn't need a support library installation. Over the top wish?
                    Kinda hard to cover development costs when the end result is something you don't pay for.

Comment

But at the same time the price (or lack thereof) is part of the reason I'm using the Do-More platform more and more. It must have hard to justify just giving Do-More and C-More Micro away in the first place being that DL06 and C-More for EA7/9 was a purchase package.

As for the end result (the EXE), is the thinking that each running copy should somehow be licensed? If so, then you're right. I just never thought of it from the business side of ADC but only as a consumer. I suppose that the first running copy on the the same network could monitor any other copies running and kill them if the user attempts to run anymore than one copy on the same network without a multi user license.

Comment

But at the same time the price (or lack thereof) is part of the reason I'm using the Do-More platform more and more. It must have hard to justify just giving Do-More and C-More Micro away in the first place being that DL06 and C-More for EA7/9 was a purchase package.

As for the end result (the EXE), is the thinking that each running copy should somehow be licensed? If so, then you're right. I just never thought of it from the business side of ADC but only as a consumer. I suppose that the first running copy on the the same network could monitor any other copies running and kill them if the user attempts to run anymore than one copy on the same network without a multi user license.
                        We will eventually be developing an integrated web based HMI for Do-more, but the bottom line is that we have to make money. Software development is far more expensive than hardware development, but there is this expectation that software is free.

Comment

What I'd like to see is a PLC/HMI combo, like the Idec FT1A. If it was built on DoMore, that would solve this.
                          Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post
                            What I'd like to see is a PLC/HMI combo, like the Idec FT1A. If it was built on DoMore, that would solve this.
                            I've never used that one, but waaay back, I used a horner model. HMI programming was just instructions in ladder code.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

I've never used that one, but waaay back, I used a horner model. HMI programming was just instructions in ladder code.
                              They've grown up quite a bit. I use them fairly regularly for medium sized projects. I developing one now for ~ 150 I/O... I also have a C-More as a secondary HMI on this system

Comment

Working...
                              X