EA9-T7CL-R is losing buttons?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA9-T7CL-R is losing buttons?!

I have, a few times now, loaded a program to this HMI. The program has not changed. I can load it and run it for half a day or so and then shut the machine down. The problem though is that when I power the machine back up, I am missing buttons that were there and functioning just the day before.

Once downloaded, if you have an SD card installed I believe you need to transfer the new project to the card. I believe that if it is installed the SD card is the default source of the program on power up. If you wish to confirm this then while powered down remove the SD card. See what program it boots to after a power up.
    Last edited by bcarlton; 12-02-2019, 11:54 PM.
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Do you have any 'visibility' tags specified for the 'missing' buttons?

Comment

I have not installed an SD card in this HMI. And I do not have any tags that may be obfuscating the buttons. Upon reassessing my program at the end of my shift yesterday though I actually found that my "missing" buttons had somehow moved from the screen and were sitting below it. I moved them back up and loaded the program again. I will see if they are still there when I fire up the machine today.

Comment

Originally posted by NateInAlbany View Post
          I have not installed an SD card in this HMI. And I do not have any tags that may be obfuscating the buttons. Upon reassessing my program at the end of my shift yesterday though I actually found that my "missing" buttons had somehow moved from the screen and were sitting below it. I moved them back up and loaded the program again. I will see if they are still there when I fire up the machine today.
          I have never seen cmore software 'move' control objects around the screen at design time. There are animations that can move controls at runtime.
          I have seen the EA7 version 'delete' controls that were outside the viewing area. I am not sure why this happened. I can only claim that this happened ONCE.
          It is possible that the 'deleted' controls got corrupt somehow and the software could not determine how to handle them - and silently destroy them. dunno?

Comment

A Pop-up Window Frame can be off screen at design time and relocate onto the nearest edge in runtime, if it is "called" by its tag being on. If the screen it calls has buttons, they will work, and may look just like normal buttons, or not, depending on how it is set up. If it is set to Modal Window (Always on Top) nothing else on the screen will work. If it is Modeless, it may get covered by another object, or not. If the Show Title Bar is ticked, you can drag it around in runtime. If you have it off-screen diagonally, it won't be accessible, but will only partially be on-screen. This is in version 6.42 as I haven't gotten around to loading the later ones on this home machine.

It may be that not everything off screen is just debris and leftovers. I put a big Text "note" along with my help pop-ups off to the side to remind me of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Nash View Post
              It may be that not everything off screen is just debris and leftovers.
              True. I use a lot of 'construction lines' and usually leave them after the project is complete. -for future edits.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X