Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click Internal Control Relays

Completely new to this!
    I have read that the internal control relays in the CLICK can be used to control physical outputs. Both the time based and event drum default to a completion flag that uses the Cx bit (where x is a number). How would you use this to control an output such as Y001 in ladder logic? I have been trying to use a rung that states "when NO contact 'C1' goes true, activate output 'Y001' " with no success.

Originally posted by MechElec View Post
    I have been trying to use a rung that states "when NO contact 'C1' goes true, activate output 'Y001' " with no success.
    That is exactly how I'd do it, should work fine. Can you give anymore details on the "no success", perhaps upload either your program (must be "zipped" first) or a screen shot showing a rung that is causing a problem.

EDIT: Note that the completion bit is turned off when the drum is reset, so if you are resetting it as soon as it completes (for example to have a continuously repeating cycle) the output may be on for only one scan which may be hard to see, would be a very brief flash of the output LED and is unlikely to show up in a data view, monitor mode or on a HMI.

The example below turns on Y104 for about 1/300 of a second when the drum completes and Y105 for 1/2 second.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tinker; 12-29-2014, 08:32 PM. Reason: another thought

Comment

MechElec

Tinker,

As you suggested your post, I think that the output was too brief to see. I did not have a timer turning on a light in a "set-reset" for an output and if there had been an illumination, it would have been very easy to miss. Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Working...
      X