Initializing lock up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initializing lock up

I have a customer with an EA7-T8C that locks up occasionally when it is powered up. Removing the thumb drive seems to help. They can then reinsert it & go about normal operation.. Alarm and operation data is stored to it. More than enough room available yet. Any suggestions or thoughts?

If it is happening on power up or restart it could be hung up reading the drive data.

Pull the pen drive, backup the data on it and reformat the drive.

Try a different drive if you can find one 2GB or less. We have found that EA7 USB pen drive maximum size of 2GB works best. Some drives will work above that, but not others.

Comment

Are you using the remote access server?
      I have noticed EA7s locking up when using this option and doing updates and such.

Comment

Originally posted by HMI Eng View Post
        If it is happening on power up or restart it could be hung up reading the drive data.

Pull the pen drive, backup the data on it and reformat the drive.

Try a different drive if you can find one 2GB or less. We have found that EA7 USB pen drive maximum size of 2GB works best. Some drives will work above that, but not others.
        IDR what we have in there now. I do know we struggled to find a brand that worked at all after the last changes a year or so ago. I'll try a reformat. Data only needs to be current for a couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by pbw View Post
          Are you using the remote access server?
          I have noticed EA7s locking up when using this option and doing updates and such.
          It sends data only on a manual request by the operator. No remote access is used.

Comment

Working...
          X