Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C-More Password Protect Toggle Button - Can you do it one-way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• akahammer
    replied
    I use a screen change push button to call a transparent screen with that one button on it, and it works great! when you you call the screen you enter password the transparent screen overlays existing with the real looking selector switch and can now be turned off or on with out re-entering password.

The original issue is you can not press off without re-entering password again, thus taking to long if a problem exists.

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    Originally posted by Garry View Post

Good idea, make it transparent to the operator and have the correct functionality.

Thanks,
    Garry
    I did this (a transparent bitmap button over a small working graph )-- as a 'mini graph button'

Leave a comment:

• Garry
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan_Poethke View Post

When I do this, I use two buttons placed on top of each other and control their visibility based on the status of the latch bit. If you make the two buttons the same color, the user never knows they're actually two different objects.

Ryan Poethke
    Good idea, make it transparent to the operator and have the correct functionality.

Thanks,
    Garry

Leave a comment:

• Ryan_Poethke
    replied
    Originally posted by Garry View Post
    I would set this up as two different buttons. The 'ON' would use a momentary-on object type for the bit and be password protected.
    The 'OFF' would use a momentary-on object for the bit with no password protection.
    When the ON bit is seen in the PLC latch the bit.
    When the OFF bit is seen in the PLC unlatch the bit.
    An indicator lamp can be used to display the status. You could also use an Indicator Button.
    Just a thought,
    Regards,
    Garry
    Pretty much what Gary said.

When I do this, I use two buttons placed on top of each other, and control their visibility based on the status of the latch bit. If you make the two buttons the same color, the user never knows they're actually two different objects.

As an aside, using a latch and two button objects is preferable (with what I do) since I can easily program a timeout for the bypass or override function. If I don't, my users will tend to leave things bypassed permanently.

Ryan Poethke

Leave a comment:

• Garry
    replied
    I would set this up as two different buttons. The 'ON' would use a momentary-on object type for the bit and be password protected.
    The 'OFF' would use a momentary-on object for the bit with no password protection.
    When the ON bit is seen in the PLC latch the bit.
    When the OFF bit is seen in the PLC unlatch the bit.
    An indicator lamp can be used to display the status. You could also use an Indicator Button.
    Just a thought,
    Regards,
    Garry

Leave a comment:

• C-More Password Protect Toggle Button - Can you do it one-way?

Right now in my panel, I have a password-protected button labeled "Enter Bypass Mode", which when on, allows the user to turn on and off tests. I would like to password protect the button when turning on (entering Bypass Mode) but allow free exit from this mode. Is there an easy way to configure the button to have password protection one-way?
Working...
X