Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Math in event manager not updating when using system bit ON in C-more V6.53

Hi
    I have a simple Math Event (Tag Type) which puts result in specified tag when tag A is active, Tag A is system bit ON which I assume is always ON so as this system tag is always active that should always process my math event but it is not updating at all, If I select tag a type to SYS CLOCK200MS or SYS CLOCK500MS or SYS CLOCKSEC it works absolutely fine.
    I have tried this in Simulation and on the real HMI but same thing happens, I don't know if it is a bug in the latest version 6.53.

Cmore help file CM011
    The Math instruction solves a user-defined formula when the condition defined in Event Type transitions to TRUE.

I would interpret this as evaluate on rising edge of trigger tag.
    Using the Always On bit may cause the Cmore to evaluate your math ONCE when the Cmore enters RUN MODE
    Last edited by kewakl; 02-13-2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I thought using always ON bit cmore evaluates continuously. I used SYS CLOCK200MS just to make sure it update displayed value fast.

Comment

If your math has just a couple operands, you could test each of them for change, and then set a bit to force an update, but if 200Ms Clock works for you, then that is good!

Comment

I just had to work through a similar issue. You can't check to see if two tags are, or are not, equal, and trying to set a boolean as a test result flag won't work in MATH. So I gave up on the kludge and used the 200 mS also to just write the tags regardless. One event, 10 tag copies.

Trying to have retentive setpoints when there is no PLC, just 10 VFDs on Modbus RTU, and the VFDs don't keep the written value on power loss...

It does open your eyes to some of the programming power some of the old text-only HMIs from the 90s had.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Nash View Post
            I just had to work through a similar issue. You can't check to see if two tags are, or are not, equal, and trying to set a boolean as a test result flag won't work in MATH. So I gave up on the kludge and used the 200 mS also to just write the tags regardless. One event, 10 tag copies.

Trying to have retentive setpoints when there is no PLC, just 10 VFDs on Modbus RTU, and the VFDs don't keep the written value on power loss...

It does open your eyes to some of the programming power some of the old text-only HMIs from the 90s had.
            Good point - I was assuming that a PLC was involved!

Comment

Working...
            X