Remote Access of EA9 not switching entire screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Access of EA9 not switching entire screen

I've had this problem for years.. Intermittently.. through all the various revisions.. Presently on V6.51.. EA9..

I'll do the remote access for the Screen, Usually through a Local LAN System, no Radios, all copper and Fiber.. I'll get the Screen One when I Log on to the Panel..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Main Page.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	128765

Then when I call a Second Screen from my Main Page, I do not get the Entire Screen.. The Screen Shown should be a COMPLETELY different screen from the Main Screen.. as you can see it did not all change..

Name:	Blown Up Screen.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	128767

Most of the Right side changed, but the Left side did not.. and the Buttons on the Left, that should not be there, still work..

SOMETIMES if my Return screen button is not there, I have to wait for my Screen to 'Time Out' and it will revert back to the Home Screen.. Which is my Default screen called by the PLC..

It does not always do this.. and my 'Recieve' lite will flash about every .7 Seconds.. What is my Work around for this?..

Cap
    Attached Files

First, if you have not already, you should check your project against the suggestions in this app note https://support.automationdirect.com/docs/an-ea-010.pdf

Second, this does not look like an 8 or 10 panel, but if it is, make sure your project is set for the native resolution in the panel manager. If the panel is running at the lower resolution setting it has a drastic effect on remote access.

Things that I have seen slow down screen updates and load down the CPU:

Bitmap Stretch to Fit enabled - edit your graphics to be the size you need.
    Blinking Object - especially when they overlap other objects that are updating graphically (dynamic objects as opposed to static object)
    Transparency - Match Background colors when possible and turn off transparency.

These are usually not a problem, but with this many dynamic objects on the screen and depending on the PLC protocol these could have more of an affect. The shear number of objects updating could be an issue also.

What are your Percent Quality, Object and Screen Update times? Try reducing quality and increasing the time.

You can also open the Resource Monitor in the Setup Screen Information Memory Tab and monitor the CPU usage to see if it is maxing out at 100%.

AutomationDirect
    C-more Product Engineer

Comment

And now, the Remote works as it should.. Screen Blasted right in, No Issues..

Name:	All Better Now.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	128789

WHY?..

Cap

Comment

ISP, routing, data throttling, ??? Who knows. The internet is a strange place that is hard to troubleshoot at times.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X