Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication from Allen Bradley CompactLogix PLC to Viewmarq LED Display

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working on a project which consists on realizing an HMI via Factorytalk to allow the user to send the message he wants with the parameters he wants (blinking, scrolling, text color, size, etc.).

I kind of achieved a big part of the project but when I send a Justified text and then another text with scrolling option, if I want to put a justified message back I have a Syntax Error that shows me a few additional characters at the end of the ASCII code (I think the plc or the led display reminds the higher number of characters sent and because the Scroll Text' code is shorter it adds the characters to fill in order to reach the higher number of characters).

I tried to use a Delete instruction but it didn't work and tried to use an ASCII Clear Buffer (but honestly I didn't reallly understand how it works). So that's the problem if somebody has some piece of advice or a solution to help me

Thanks for readin.

It's difficult to say without seeing your configuration and strings.

I am sure you have already to get this far, but make sure you have looked through the manual, pages 7-5, 6, 103 - 111

https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...rm/mduserm.pdf

Comment

Working...
    X